Want to know how to clean a copper pot with ketchup? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Now, the latter made sense to me, but the former made me gag: you clean pots with a condiment? A thick, red, tomato-based condiment? I know that ketchup has vinegar as a main ingredient, so it makes sense that it would also work, but who thinks up this stuff?
Well, curiosity finally got the better of me this last week and I decided to see how well ketchup really cleans copper and how gross (or not) it is to clean with ketchup (doesn’t that seem like an oxymoron? Someone please tell me I am not the only one who thinks this is weird).
Weird, or not, I did it. And you can try it too. Because, hey, it DOES work!
How to Clean a Copper Pot with Ketchup
Materials Needed to Clean Copper Pots with Ketchup
Make sure you have the following:
- a dirty copper pot
- ketchup (any brand)
- a scour pad
Instructions on how to clean copper with ketchup
1. Squirt a good amount of ketchup onto the copper.
2. Spread it over all of the copper parts with the scour pad.
3. Now scrub that ketchup-covered pot!
4. Don’t forget to get the sides.
5. When you’ve scrubbed it all, rinse it off with warm water.
6. Check out the results.
It’s totally weird, and totally gross (in my opinion) to clean copper with ketchup, but it totally works.
I even made a video to show you the messy process in action:
Be sure to follow my cleaning board on Pinterest!
For more tips on how to clean just about everything, check out these other popular kitchen cleaning tutorials!
- How to clean dishwasher with a steam cleaner
- How to clean oven with baking soda
- How to clean microwave
- How to clean and deodorize garbage disposal
- How to remove fridge odor and smells
- How to clean stove drip pans
- How to clean globe faucet handles
- How to clean copper bottom pot with vinegar and salt
- How to remove scratches from dinnerware
- How to clean a Le Creuset dutch oven
- How to clean stainless steel pans
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.