*Note: I’ve decided to change the title of my “Friday Favorites” posts to “What’s up Fagans? Fridays” as it makes more sense as to both the context of the posts and the name of this blog. And afterall, “It’s Friday I’m in Love.” (A song Josh put on a mixed CD for me when we were dating):
1. On Saturday we made a kind of last minute decision to head down to Josh’s parents’ house and see our nieces who are staying with their grandparents for a few weeks this summer. They also have a boy there from France. It was fun visiting with them, well, other than the pointless trip to Cincinnati for a festival that wasn’t happening that day. lol. Pictures will come later.
2. Sunday was Josh’s last time leading the music during Primary. He’d been filling in for three weeks now. I know he’s glad to be done doing that.
3. We went to the splash park on Monday. It’s been super hot and humid this week. Which I kind of love. Call me crazy, but I love the heat. I really, really love summer. Even if it makes me sweat like a pig.
4. Tuesday we had playgroup and went to the library, as usual. We then went and filled up both vehicles. We had to pay an arm to get it too, even with an extra 50 cents off a gallon…. Remember how gas was like $3.09 in Indy like 2 weeks ago? Yeah, that’s done.
5. Michael is SO big. I can’t get over it! He’ll be officially four months old soon, and get weighed and measured. I’m curious to learn just how big he really is, as he could easily pass as a 6 or 7 month old. This week he’s been working on turning around and slowly moving around the floor/bed. For example, yesterday morning when he woke me up, I found him lying 180 degrees from the position I put him to bed at. Is this like “pre-crawling?” Seems to me like I will probably have an early crawler and walker, again. He’s rolled back to his back a few more times this week too.
7. I went running Monday and Wednesday mornings. While they weren’t my favorite runs, I did them. The humidity, even in the mornings, make the runs a little tough. I’m also working on doing well with the fourth lap I added just last week. I’m up to doing almost 3 miles each time I go now, including a walking warm-up and cool-down.
8. We bought some art/school supplies for my girls this week. I am going to do a group preschool with some other ladies and their 3-year olds, at least once a week in the fall. However, I can’t wait to get started and have so many fun things I want to do with them! I’ll have to write a good post about what we’ve been doing and how smart my kids are… Ha. Anyways, we started labeling things in our house, so now have white and colored notecards throughout our house. Let’s hope it helps our kids learn how to read.
9. Wednesday night I had Activity Days and we did a lesson on prayers and we decorated prayer rocks. I had so much fun picking around the giant rock pile just behind our complex to find rocks for them. I got way more than I needed for how many girls would be there. But, picking out rocks reminded me of being a kid again. I loved it. Even in the blistering heat! The downside to this Activity Day was that I had my three kiddos with me. The girls had fun painting their rocks, but then it was a little crazy after that.
10. Josh has been a rock star in his biking this week. He biked 40 miles two days in a row, and 30 miles yesterday and today with the bishop. He’s still debating about biking to his parents house, 80 miles away tomorrow!! He’s definitely starting to slim down. His weight isn’t dropping as fast as those inches are, but his hard work is paying off. I mean he burns over 3500 calories each time he bikes! He’s also building some good leg muscle at the same time. I’m very proud. It’s just so fortunate he has the time to dedicate to this now.
11. We got pictures taken last Friday at JCPenney and they are SO cute. We haven’t gotten the CD or prints yet, but I am just thrilled they turned out as well as they did.
12. I really love my life. I am so blessed. It’s crazy. While some days are hard, and some days I’m a lousy person, parent, and/or spouse, the good outweighs the bad by far. I’m just learning to change myself for the better all the time, one things having kids makes you really good at, because they humble me time and time again with their innocence, their need, and especially their love. I am so glad our family is forever.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.