1. Michael has both bottom teeth now! And is getting better and better at sitting up. He also discovered the stairs this week, but, thankfully, he can’t pull himself up yet.and is finally moving his hands to crawl properly (as opposed to just army crawling). He’s also officially 7 months old! Unfortunately, he’s getting up every, single night and isn’t nursing as much lately.2. We spent some time with our friends last Saturday, letting the kids play, and the big boys play Magic: The Gathering (aka my husband’s new addiction). It was fun though.
3. We’ve been looking more into PhD schools and programs and it’s all very exciting and very scary. We’ll hopefully narrow down the list and start working on getting resumes reworked, letters of recommendations written, and so on before the end of the year. Really, Josh is mostly just hoping to get through this semester’s classes. Thankfully, he did well (enough) on his tests this past week.
4.On Monday we invited a friend over to play!
5. I finally packed up all of Mike’s small clothes in a box, and further organized the items on the shelving unit in his room, and hanging up his clothes.
6. My husband bought me flowers at the grocery store. They are beautiful and smell wonderful. Plus, he brought me hot chocolate. I was feeling stuffy and sore and tired that day – I’ve had this lingering cold – and he made me a little better.
7. The girls and I made crowns for their princess costumes this week out of a diaper box and construction paper. They are SO excited for Halloween this year – It’s so fun!
8. I got my hair cut, again. I guess you can say that I’ve decided to keep the short pixie cut look for a little longer. Getting it cut today, I knew what exactly I wanted it, how my hair worked, and how I liked it styled. I love this hair cut even better than the original one, even though it’s shorter. Also, there’s nothing like your daughter seeing you after said haircut and saying, “Mom, you’re beautiful.” Sometimes kids make you feel really good about yourself.9. We had family pictures taken Friday! I had bought a livingsocial deal a while back. I hope they turn out. I figured we’d try something (hopefully) better than JCPenney or our family pictures this year. I really liked this deal because we’ll get 10-15 full-sized images to use as we want, and it doesn’t cost too much more than our previous JCPenney Portrait packages, which only gave us one image on a CD. Stay tuned for some pictures! (Affiliate links above). And picking out what to wear was rather stressful. We bought some new clothes, and I made my girls try on several different things… 10. Lisa wrote the word “MOM” correctly on a piece of paper all by herself. That girl draws letters almost more than she draws faces.
11. The girls and Michael and I all played ring-around-the-rosie in the backyard this week. Mike enjoyed eating the grass and chasing after his sisters (while in mom’s arms).12. This week I not only tried to show my girls how to skip (again), but also jumped up and clicked my heels while pushing our grocery cart in the parking lot, three times. Josh enjoyed singing, loudly, to the girls this week, making up a unique “school bus song” and embarrassing our daughter in the store. I really adore my family and our life.
Have a great weekend!
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.