1. I moved this here blog over from blogger to self-hosted wordpress! Yeah! That’s a big deal. But, the blog is a little rough, and I might change it a few more times before I get it to how I want it to be. So, it may be a surprise every time you view this blog for a while, but that can be fun, right? But, in all seriousness, if you like this blog, tell people about it. Like our page on Facebook or follow me on twitter. Share your favorite post on Facebook or via email. I’d love you bunchies for it, and I just might be hosting a giveaway for fans only soon because I love you all so much.
2. Last Saturday Josh bike for 78 miles straight. Yes, really. It took him about five and a half hours, and he was super tired at the end, but so proud of himself.3. Last Saturday we also attended a youth baptism at church. I was asked to play the piano for it. The girls loved seeing her be baptized. I also had her in my Sunday School class last year.
4. Did I mention that Josh got a new calling at church? He is no longer the Sunday School president. He’s now the second counselor in the Elder’s Quorum presidency… for the third time (not all in the same ward, mind you). He’s excited to serve in this capacity for longer than the previous record of five months.
5. I took the kids to the park on Monday, Tuesday (for playgroup), and Thursday mornings. It’s been cooler this week (and my girls requested jackets to wear) but super sunny and nice. They’ve also played outside of our apartment every day, Alison, loving to ride her trike up and down the sidewalk… that is until some neighbors took it and rode it and broke off the pedal, ruining it. Ah, apartment living. But, my girls are the funniest:
6. We watched a friend’s daughter Wednesday morning. She’s my daughter’s age and they love playing with her. They played with her that morning, and then again that night when they came to church with me as I lead Activity Days, which lesson was on babysitting and taking care of kids. I had my daughters be part of the relay we did – they had a story read to them. Unfortunately, this will be my last Activity Days activity since I am being released, mostly due to the fact that Josh will have classes late Wednesday nights and I’d have to bring all three of my kids with me.
7. I had book club this week, where we discussed the book “The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio: How My Mother Raised 10 Kids on 25 Words or Less.” I enjoyed reading this book, and some of the stories in it reminded me of my life growing up in a family with 9 children. It also made me compare what this woman did to today’s “contesters.” Today’s contesters are those who enter sweepstakes, raffles, drawings, and especially giveaways. Some people spend hours looking for and entering these contests in the hopes of winning. I thought too that an extreme couponer could be her contemporary, as they often take pride in how much money they save, some so they can make ends meet as well.
8. I cleaned up a lot of my apartment. It feels pretty good. Especially considering the mess that it becomes in just one day.
9. I went running three days this week, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and even tried out a new route. I’m getting stronger, and feeling pretty good. Still have a few pounds to lose, and a stomach to firm up, but I’m more concerned with overall health than body image and weight loss. I should really sign up for another 5k…. Anyone want to do one with me?