1. Josh didn’t have school on Monday due to Labor Day! He only had one day of class this week, but had his first quiz and spent a lot of time working on it, and then was given his next quiz. Oh, and he totally went biking five days this past week. I think he’s looking much slimmer! He’s lost 40+ lbs so far! And his calves look super sexy from all that biking he’s been doing! He’s pretty much a stud. And I love him.
2. On Monday, we hung out with our friends and cooked out in the backyard, played ladder ball, croquet, and talked. It was a beautiful evening. It would have been perfect except their bug spray seemed to have null affect on me.
3. Josh and I bought our Anniversary/Christmas gift already, and are using it already, too. We bought ourselves a SLR camera. We’ve both have wanted one for so long, and love how much better our pictures look already, and we still have a lot to learn about using the camera. It was expensive, but we feel like it will pay dividends down the road (like for this here blog – no more blurry pictures!). The girls, especially Alison, seem to have claimed our old camera theirs. Alison loves taking pictures, and is decent at it! The first two pictures were taken by Alison. It’s so nice to get a picture of Josh and me! That almost never happens! I took the last picture of Alison with the new camera? Isn’t it SO nice?!
4. Michael, our 5 month old baby, starting doing push-ups last Saturday, and has only continued to assume the crawling position. We are so impressed with him, yet worried about how mobile he’ll be in such a short time! Eek! But, he sure is cute until then!5. I got an art commission this week! An old client of mine (a friend of my mother-in-law), called me and asked if I would be interested in doing a commission piece as part of an auction for the hospital she works at. The auction will be the beginning of next month, and I will then be given contact information to the bidder to set up the commission details! I am so excited! I get to do art and get paid for it! I feel like it’s the reward for me doing art with my friend Diane last week.
6. Tuesday morning there was playgroup at the park, and my girls made a new little friend (so cute!), and then that night there was a Relief Society activity at church where we ate food and talked about visiting teaching. I’m feeling motivated to get out and visit my girls!
7. Wednesday we had preschool. The girls learned about the letter C, the Calendar, and the number 3. They ate cheese crackers. They colored caterpillars with crayons, and then cut them out (got to love those c’s!). I let my girls go at their caterpillars with the scissors, since it’s a skill they need to learn, and something I never let them do (though they’ve sneaked scissors here and there and cut things, like my printable dishwasher clean and dirty sign). It made for some rather small caterpillars, but it’s about them learning, right?
8. I’ve been staying up late too many nights this week, blogging or working on something (so I say to myself). So there have been some napping sessions during the day, by all of us. And once, some people didn’t make it to their beds:9. After taking a week off of running last week for some odd reason, I have run twice this week. Monday, Labor Day, I ran more than 3 miles. Today, I ran 2.43 miles. And I’m looking at getting some new shoes. If anyone has some good recommendations, I’d love to hear them!
10. Josh volunteered to hold Michael in the baby carrier! It could be because he knows how crazy our girls get in the stores, so he wanted to have the excuse. 🙂
11. Apparently 25 is old. Because, Josh totally found my first gray hair. I’m not super thrilled about that. Did you know my mother was completely gray by the time she was like 30? But, she found her first gray hair at 18, so I guess it’s better than that. Yikes.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.