Sorry I didn’t put one up last week! The previous two weeks I had so many other posts going up, I just didn’t have the time or energy to put together a What’s up Fagans? Friday post. But, here it is for this week!
1. My son is pulling up on everything! It’s his very favorite thing to do. He can pull up on the ottoman, his walker, boxes, stools, chairs, crib, TV stand, and more. He wants to be standing up! He can climb up a stair or two. He’s a full on crawler and is getting faster and faster. Oh, and he’s still only 7 months old!
2. Michael has been pretty sick lately however. We’ve missed two Sundays of church in a row due to sick kids, which is hard since both my husband and I have church obligations on Sundays. This past Sunday he gave a talk in Sacrament meeting and I was supposed to be playing the organ for the congregation. But, I, last minute, found someone to play the piano in my stead, as Michael had a fever all that night and was very congested and sick. Thanks Diane! The good news? He’s better now. Still sick, but better.
3. Josh and I have greatly enjoyed being able to work out again thanks to our YMCA membership. With the babysitting included, we can even play some racquetball together, like a date! It’s fun even if I lose, badly, every single time. Racquets and not my forte when it comes to sports. But, I’m running again, and I honestly feel so much better. I’ve also been working on strengthening my core as pregnancy always does a number to my abdominal muscles.
4. For the first time since our twins were born, daylight savings wasn’t a huge headache to adjust to! I don’t know how we managed it, but the transition was seamless!
5. Michael is back to only get up once a night now and it’s so nice! I’m getting more sleep, though still staying up way too late working on blog-related things.
6. I went to a fun Blogger’s Night Out last week Wednesday at the Indianapolis Ronald McDonald’s House. It was fun to meet a lot of local bloggers, learn about the Ronald McDonald House, McDonald’s current Happy Meal Books campaign, and get a free dinner and coupons. Plus, I actually got out of the house, by myself, for blogging. Someone watched my kids as Josh was teaching that night. After my event was over, I actually went to Josh’s classroom since I was on IUPUI campus anyway! It was fun to actually get to see him “working” although that night he was only administering a test.
7. I had book club this week, but I didn’t even read the book. My reading has definitely slowed down in the last few weeks (although I did read those two L. Ron Hubbard books I just reviewed, so maybe it hasn’t slowed that much). I’m slowly working my way through Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis (affiliate link) and find it very fascinating and very good. I think I’ll have to buy my own copy so I can underline it up! (My copy is from the library.) However, I have met my book reading goal for this year: I’ve read more than 40 books!
8. We’ve had preschool again and I love it. I also took my girls to story time at the library again this week after a month break. I love how easily my girls make “friends.” It’s awesome.
9. I’ve started linking up my blog posts to link parties on other blogs. I haven’t done much linking in all the time I’ve been blogging here at What’s up Fagans? but I’ve been told it’s a great way to gain new readers, socialize, find great new blogs, and more! I’m hoping it’s worth the time I’m spending linking up and looking at other blogs. If you are curious about what parties I am linking up to, please visit my new “Link Parties” page. The good news? I was featured this week at the Home School Link-Up for my Preschool lesson on the letter I!
10. Speaking of blogging, I also got my first Twitter campaign with BlogHer! Slowly, but surely, I am making money with this whole blogging thing.
11. My daughter Lisa is writing her name now. Perfectly. And she can write MOM (though usually it looks like WOW) and DAD as well as the word UP. I’m super impressed by my 3.5 year old.
12. We had a blast racking leaves at a friend’s house! Since we live in an apartment complex, and one devoid of any trees, we haven’t ever really been able to rack leaves and have our girls play in them. So, after we got done cleaning up the church building (which took 2.5 hours since it was our family and one other person the entire time), we headed over to their house and helped rack. I used a leaf blower and the guys racked up. We made a huge pile and then we’d move it onto a tarp and drag the leaves, and our kids, into the giant leaf pile area. They loved it! Michael slept a bit in the car at first, and then hung out in the stroller, bundled up, as we worked. Josh ended up staying a long time helping them finish bagging up all the leaves.
13. Josh is sporting a mustache and soul patch for “Movember.” He looks a little ridiculous without his normal goatee, but it’s fun.
14. Tuesday morning this week there was snow on the ground! My kids insisted that they must play in it, so we put on boots, and hats, and gloves, and ran around outside in it for a little while. But, it really wasn’t much snow at all, so you couldn’t really do much with it. Lisa tasted it, but she tastes everything, still. I really hope my kids actually do like the snow this winter so we can get outside more and play!
15. We checked out Mass Ave Toys for the first time and had a blast! It’s such a fun toy store and they actually let you play with the toys! Our daughters loved it. We even got to meet Jim Adorney the creator of LunchBox Buddies. He asked Lisa how she wanted her buddy to look, and then drew up an original character just for her! Alison didn’t want to do it. Here is her Arnold before and after she colored it:16. We took the girls (real) trick or treating! However, it was postponed a night as the weather was crazy windy, stormy, and rainy the night of Halloween. We went with some friends and knocked on doors in their nearby neighborhood. The girls loved it and had no fear of knocking on doors or ringing door bells (maybe that’s a bad thing!). They were very polite and got some candy! Thankfully the candy is all gone now. How was your week? And have a great weekend!
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.