1. It is November! Yeah! November is a great month because it has Thanksgiving, the best Holiday, and because it’s my anniversary month! We’ll be celebrating 5 years of marriage. Follow me on Facebook and find out what I am thankful for each day!
2. We finally made the plunge and got ourselves a YMCA membership. We’ve deliberated about getting one for over a year, always writing it off as too expensive, even with the low-income discount. But, we’ve decided to rearrange some of our other bills to make room for the membership. So far, we’ve gone twice and love that free childwatch (for 2 hours) in included in our dues. And we even played racquetball together, the first time since I think we were dating. It was way too much fun and we’re totally going to do it again. We both enjoy being able to work out again since the cold weather has shut down our favorite exercises somewhat – biking and running. We’re hoping to take great advantage of our memberships, going often.
3. We had family pictures taken this past Friday! I was really excited about getting “real” family photos outside this year as opposed to our previous years’ JCPenney Portrait Studio pictures. I even scored this awesome deal on livingsocial.com for Katie Destry Photography– $55 for a family session and 15 high-res images, valued at $825! Her portfolio looked pretty good too. However, we received the images yesterday and are unhappy: the images are small files, only 8×10 print worthy, and several of our faces are out of focus in the pictures!! I asked her to retake some, and she refused. I asked for larger files of the photos, and she refused. I asked for a discount or refund, and she refused. At this point, she has refused to further correspondence. I am so annoyed by Katie Destry‘s poor costumer service and unwillingness to work with me at all. I contacted livingsocial.com and they applied 10 courtesy deal bucks to my account because I was unsatisfied with my purchase: Thanks livingsocial for being awesome! But, I believe she falsely advertised how valuable her photography package was so I am working with the Better Business Bureau. She’s not friendly to work with, she was 10 minutes late to our session, her photos are not always in focus or properly lighted, and she is not willing to work with you at all if you are unsatisfied. And, she isn’t great about scheduling either. The pictures are very cute and we look amazing, but the quality isn’t awesome. I hate that they are now being marred by this whole incidence. But, I’m going to just move on – I did get a good deal. Here’s one of the good ones for you viewing pleasure:
5. Last Saturday night was the Church ward’s trunk-or-treating Halloween party. It was outside in someone’s backyard this year and it was so much fun, though a little chilly. There was pumpkin bowling, corn hole, photos, and a fire for roasting hotdogs and marshmallows. Plus, at the end we all got some candy! The girls were princesses and Michael was a dragon/dino. Josh and I didn’t dress up. We’re lame sometimes. But our kids are cute.
6. We put our Suburban in the shop this week to get some needed work done on it. It sounds much better now and we’re hoping that it will continue to sound great. We found this mechanic through Angie’s List (based in Indianapolis, did you know that?) and saved $20 off our service since we found them on Angie’s, totally making up for the few dollars we paid for our year-long subscription (BTW you can get 27.5% cash back through ShopAtHome.com on an Angie’s List Membership)
7. Since Indianapolis had some crazy stormy thunder and lightning weather on Halloween night, trick-or-treating has been postponed until tonight. So, instead, we got together with our friends and played some Magic: The Gathering, playing couples versus. It was fun. After that I went and visit taught a new visit teachee on our route, and had a great visit getting to know her, finally.
8. On Monday we had preschool after a two week break for Fall break. I’m glad we have it started back up again. My girls love it and I love teaching them.
9. Michael climbed up his first stair, and Josh got it on video! Thankfully he hasn’t ever made it past the first step, but he’s strengthening his legs in the process. He’s so mobile now, big boy crawling and everything.
*Affiliate Links are used above. You save and I make. We both win.*
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.