1. Last weekend was General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which pretty much meant we hung around our computer watching and listening to messages from leaders of our church. It was pretty great. Some people have awesome family traditions associated with these conferences, and so I decided I would try my hand at making homemade cinnamon rolls from scratch for the first time in my life. And thankfully they turned out! Not perfect (the dough didn’t rise well enough), but very tasty. I used a Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls recipe from food.com. The frosting was de-lish! And we also invited some people over so they took the extra ones home so we wouldn’t have to eat them all ourselves. Also, it was the perfect stormy weather last weekend, conducive to sitting around inside all day.
2. Last Saturday, before the first session of conference started, Josh and three other guys did a 30 mile bike ride, taking them about 2.5 hours. And they had the perfect small window to bike in before it started raining again. They are doing another 30 mile ride tomorrow, from our Bishop’s house to the Indianapolis Temple grounds.
3. On Monday the girls and I previewed the Children’s Museum Haunted House, the first time any of us had gone through it. It was pretty sweet. The 3-D glasses made a huge difference in the overall experience. Oh, and they gave me four tickets to giveaway, in case you missed that. So, make sure to enter if you’re a local!
4. Monday we also had our preschool group. They learned about the letter H and the number 8. They did a bunch of fun crafts associated with Halloween and spiders. They made 8-legged spider Hats.
5. Tuesday night I had book club here at my house. Only three ladies ended up showing, but we had a great time chatting. It was relaxing, especially after an exceptionally busy Tuesday, with playgroup, naps (for my kids and myself), cleaning, and baking.
6. Tuesday also marked the start of the Online BlogCon, my first blogging conference. It’s all on-line via posts, and I still haven’t been able to catch up with it all, but there been lots of great things I need to work on and start doing.
7. Thursday we went food shopping at Target. Did you know we’re doing a comparison shopping month this month? We’re experimenting to see if we can save more and spend less on groceries by shopping at Target. So, we are trying to take full advantage of all the discounts Target offers – We signed up for the Target REDcard debit card, printed off Target coupons, manufacturer’s coupons, their new Cartwheel discounts and bring our own reusable shopping bags. We’ve been keeping track of how much we are saving and spending. We’ll let you all know if you should switch over to Target from Kroger or not.
8. Thursday night Josh played some Magic with a friend for several hours. I played with him three rounds on Sunday, and won three times in a row! And I mostly remembered how to play after my decade hiatus. Yes, I’m a nerd, and so is the hubs.
9. Josh is now officially on Fall Break! We haven’t done much, and don’t really have plans of doing much, but Josh needs a break. Wednesday kicked his trash and he didn’t get good news about some of his recent exams and quizzes… He’s a little down and disheartened about the whole thing. Hardest semester of his graduate degree.
10. We finally bought a highchair for Michael and finally bought some baby food (well, WIC supplied them….). We got the highchair for $20 from someone on craigslist. It’s a tad big and doesn’t fold, but we’re shoving it in the corner and calling it good. So far I’ve enjoyed how tall it is as we have a high table and chairs. Mike is still slightly unsure about the green beans and baby cereal:
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.