I apologize for missing last week. But, it happens. I was super busy last week at hdydi.com coordinating all the posts for our “How to Afford Twins” theme week. It was a ton of work, but I loved it! Plus, we’re hosting a giveaway (and I’m co-hosting it, since I put up the $5 Amazon gift card). You should totally enter it. I still have more I would love to share with people about saving money and cutting costs and all of it. Having lived frugally pretty much all my life, it’s something I know quite a bit about. Which, bring me to my #1 point….
1. I was asked to share my couponing knowledge for our Relief Society meeting for the ladies at church this last week. And I loved it. I might have to share a little bit of what I talked about, in case there are others who want to know more about how, where, when, and why to coupon. I’ve written some posts in the past, but I feel like it never hurts to share again! It went really well, and one of the ladies told me afterwards she got her coupons organized and saved $25 at Meijer on items she was already buying anyways!
2. And, one of my friends told me that at Kroger (at least the one we use locally in Indianapolis), sell there pre-sliced deli meat and cheeses for half off after 8pm. I tested it out, and sure enough! Plus, Kroger is having a Private Selection sale, so we scored awesome savings!
3. BUT, we recently decided to try our hand at shopping at Target. They just have so many ways of stacking on the savings with store coupons, manufactures’ coupons, the Target REDcard debit card (which we signed up for today), and their new cartwheel savings platform. We’re going to try shopping at Target for groceries and things this month and see if we spend less money than we were spending at Kroger. I love Kroger, but I also want to get the best deal. I mean, Kroger just saved $14 at the pump using the fuel rewards.
4. And, I won another $5 from our local bank’s twitter offer this past week. I love our bank.
5. But, enough about money! Josh played in a Magic: The Gathering card game tournament this past weekend and WON. Did you know my husband is a not-so-closeted nerd? I guess you assumed he was with all the math he does… But, I love that he’s getting some guy time in. I get way more girl time than he spends time with his friends. He played again last night as we had some friends over, and is begging me to play with him tonight for our “date night in.” I don’t remember how to play (but, yes, I have played Magic before), but I do love games, so here we go!
6. Last Saturday was also the General Relief Society Broadcast. I carpooled with some ladies and we enjoyed listening to a keynote speaker, eating dinner, and then listening to the broadcast. Tomorrow is the General Conference of our church, which means we will be sitting around watching a lot of TV.
7. I went to my first consignment sale, kid edition, and I have to say I was very disappointed. It was a very small consignment sale over in Greenfield. I was hoping to score a high chair, as we really need one right now, and there was ONE there. That’s it. I didn’t love it so I was out of luck. I did put up a few pairs of shoes and a much needed diaper bag though!
8. I am currently reading some good books. The Miracle of Freedom: 7 Tipping Points that Saved the World, and The Fault in Our Stars (affiliate links fyi).
9. Unfortunately, my kids have been a little sick this past week or so. Sore throats, coughs, fevers, but they are doing better.
10. I went to an awesome preschool type activity at the library this past week. It was preschool science workshop all about the weather. It was pretty great! Totally like a real preschool lesson, and not just a “storytime.” Although we did go to storytime again this week, and learned about the letter G, which was great since we stayed home sick from our group preschool on Monday, which covered the letter G.
11. One of my best friends and my freshman roommate called and told me that she may be coming to visit me at Thanksgiving!! I am super excited! I haven’t seen her in forever, and I want to meet her recently wed husband! Also, another one of my best friends and roommates from college just had her first baby and he is adorable (from pictures I’ve seen).
12. Michael is officially army crawling now, and getting into more and more things. He loves the blinds for the patio doors, already knocking a few down. Busy times ahead! We’ve also slowly been feeding him solids. We’re kinda waiting on the high chair thing, and WIC checks for baby foods. He’s also working on sitting up, but still can’t do it much at all. 13. Next week is my first blog conference! I’m very excited. I really love blogging and sharing my life with others. 🙂 Here’s hoping I’ll learn a thing or two!
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.