1. This week marked the start of some new, good habits around here, like me getting up before my kids, and trying to be in bed by 11pm, getting ready by 10:30pm. I haven’t met those goals every day, but I’m trying to be better, and it’s part of my on-going journey to have the perfect balance for things in my life. More on this to come, I promise.
2. Josh and a few other guys from church went for a 20 mile bike ride on Saturday morning. The weather has certainly been cooling off, especially in the morning, making for cool bike rides and runs! I ran 3 miles this week in under 30 minutes! I was so proud of myself!
3. Monday we had preschool, and I taught again. I shared my lesson HERE. I am greatly enjoying our little preschool!
4. Tuesday we had playgroup and then book club at night. I also went to Old Navy and used my Super Cash and scored a bunch of new clothes for the kiddos for a great price. I love doing that.
5. Wednesday I took the girls to the library story time. I am planning on making it our regular Wednesday activity. Next week they are having a special science class about weather. Libraries are pretty great.
6. I took all of my kids grocery shopping by myself on Wednesday, something I rarely do. And it was a little crazy. Sometimes my girls don’t come when I tell them to come and run around like crazy. They didn’t get a free cookie from the bakery that night, I assure you.
7. I went visiting teaching on Thursday. And my dad came into town right before I left, so he watched my girls (I took the baby) while I went. They got some quality time with grandpa! Perks of having a truck-driver father. He had also stopped momentarily earlier in the week, bringing some clothes from my sister for my girls, which they have loved, even if some are still two sizes too big!
8. Today, Friday, I chopped off my hair!! It’s gone! I am sure it will take some getting used to as it is the shortest hair cut of my life, but I really think I’m going to like it. I don’t know if Josh loves it so much, but he loves me, so he’ll grow to love it, I’m sure. What do you think?
9. My in-laws are coming up tonight to babysit our kids so we can go out on a date! It’s going to be a little tricky with Michael not taking a bottle, but I think we’ll just be hitting up a movie since we have free movie tickets expiring soon (thank you Red Baron pizzas).
10. I finally cleaned up Michael’s bedroom and our storage room. I can see the floor again. It is wonderful. His clothes are hanging up on the shelves again too, for the first time in over a month. Let’s hope it’ll stay cleaner and more organized for a while now.
What have you been up to this week? Any fun plans for the weekend?
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.