So many things have happened in the last month since our last What’s up Fagans? Fridays post, though definitely not as thrilling.
1. As of Monday of this week I am no longer working as a test evaluator. I extended my work for two weeks, for a total of six weeks of part-time work, but starting this Monday Josh started working full-time as a test evaluator there during the day. Because he’s working full-time, with the possibility to work extra hours, we decided I would quit the evening gig. It means I can help do bedtime again, much to Josh’s relief. Despite the boring nature of the work I came to enjoy my time there and get to know some great people.
2. We have already started packing and getting rid of items for the upcoming move. We joined up with some people for a yard sale, made a whopping $37, and have since been listing and sell items individually online. We hope as we get rid of some bigger items, it will allow us more room to pack. We’re also trying to organize the boxes we already have. I have to say getting rid of clutter and things we haven’t used in forever is liberating. In fact, I even donated pretty much ALL of my high school T-shirts and several college ones to Goodwill. Despite missing them a little, it’s been a good process. The hard thing about packing is that our storage room is also Michael’s bedroom.
3. My husband Joshua has a Masters Degree!! He walked in the graduation ceremony on Mother’s Day and I have never felt so proud. I teared up watching him carry the Mathematics banner into the hall. I am really upset with myself though for not charging our camera battery though. I missed taking really great pictures of him walking across the stage and being hooded as well as great family pictures afterwards. Just glad I got some, and have some blurry camera phone pictures to supplement my mistake. And did you see my officially smart husband is now sporting a smart phone?
4. Mother’s Day was last Sunday, and although “my day” was overshadowed by my husband’s commencement ceremony, there were some great talks at church. Also, my husband treats me well often throughout the year, so I am not upset at all to not get breakfast in bed this past Sunday because he’s done it several times other days of the year, just because he loves me.
5. My husband and kids got to check out the new Take Me There China exhibit at the Childrens Museum (post coming soonish) while I went to work that night.
6. The girls finished their second set of swim lessons. I’m very impressed with how much more comfortable and confident they are in the water. I’m sure this will come in handy with all those swimming pools down in Texas.
7. For my daughters preschool, we’ve officially covered every letter of the alphabet! I guess that means we are done until the fall, which I don’t know what we’ll be doing for sure, although I have no plans of enrolling them in a formal preschool at this time. I’m thinking of just being more organized and teaching them 2-3 times a week, and maybe with some new friends in Texas. We’ll see.
8. Blogging continues to do well and I am continuing to make money! I had bought a private photography lesson through LivingSocial a while ago and this Wednesday finally had my lesson. I definitely learned how to use our fancy Nikon D3100 DSLR camera on manual mode. I understand it so much better and will practice taking much better photos.
Have a great weekend! God Bless!
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.