Sorry I missed last week. Here are the highlights from the last two weeks, complete with lots of photos (I am so glad we bought a better camera)!:
1. The girls and I all got our hair cut. And my girls did so well waiting for 40 minutes until it was our turn. We sat and talked and then I drew them some pictures on pieces of paper. They did great with sitting and getting their hair cut too. I love my girls so much. They are wonderful.2. We had ice and snow and then warmer Spring temperatures which melted much of the snow that had been piled up for weeks! It meant we played outside at the park for the first time in months! I am so ready for Spring to be officially here. For Family Home Evening this week, we had a little lesson at home, and then went to the park and then finished the night by getting some ice cream at Dairy Queen. I have been loving the weather! On Tuesday this week it was 70 degrees!3. We had a Relief Society activity about service, and I was able perform one of the things I picked to do for another. Sometimes baking cookies means saving the day!
4. We had our church Chili Cook-off! It was delicious. Josh made the chili – a chicken taco chili – in our new crockpot, a recipe he makes a lot and is so good! Me, who never used to eat beans, happily eats this chili. One guy even told Josh it was his very favorite, even though Josh didn’t end up winning. Also, a baby that doesn’t walk yet, means he gets disgusting at big social gatherings.5. I taught all about the letter S and Senses for my girls preschool. It was a ton of fun. I made them blindfold themselves and smell different things, and listen to different sounds and guess what it was. My girls have been more aware of how things smell lately, and will just go around sniffing things. And I totally forgot to take any pictures.
6. We went to story time at the library, and had a special music story time this week, with a member of the Indiana Symphony Orchestra.
7. Josh was accepted into another Ph.D program! Northern Illinois University is now also an option for us (and a much shorter move, and the closest we’d be to my family in Wisconsin). I am very proud of my husband. We’re still waiting to hear back from the others.
8. This week I have been striving to be better and find my “balance” which means I have kept the house clean, been more focused with time online, going to bed by 11pm, and getting up by 6:30am. Oh, and reading scriptures with the girls, and more. I haven’t made it to the gym in like two weeks, but at least I went on a little walk at the park the other day.
9. I learned about essential oils (by myself) and have been trying out a few of them. I will let you know my thoughts on them later, and will hopefully be doing a doTerra giveaway as well!
10. You know how you buy something to replace something you lost and find it the next day? That happened to us. We had bought Michael a bigger pair of shoes about a month ago and then lost them in our house. I looked everywhere and couldn’t find them. So, after Michael officially walked this week (oh, yeah, did I mention my not-quite-one-year-old-son can walk (if he chooses)? He can!), we went and bought him a new pair of shoes from Target. The next morning I decided to check one more time in his room, and for the first time actually checked under his changing table, which is very low to the ground, and sure enough! There they were!
11. Michael can walk!!
12. I had book club this week, and finished reading a good parenting book as well. My reading has slowed down some, unfortunately, lately.
13. Josh made a homemade white sauce to use on some homemade pizzas. The sauce was amazing! Now I just need to make the crusts from scratch! I actually meal planned a little this week, which doesn’t usually happen (see #8), and even went grocery shopping with all the kids by myself with no problems.14. Lisa got a serious black eye this week! She hurt it on her bunk bed. She was crying after we put her to sleep and said she hurt herself. Well, in the morning before church (of course), she had this black eye! It has been changing all sorts of colors and ugliness this week, and we’ve gotten several questions about it. Ah, childhood.
15. I entered a video contest for Kirby, in the hopes of winning a $500 Visa gift card. This week I received a package from them in the mail. It was a big box, a little too big for a gift card, unfortunately. But, inside I got a thank you note and a special Kirby drink cup. Ha.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.