1. We had a church picnic last Saturday and it was a hot sunny evening. I loved it. Josh and I even got to throw around the Frisbee a little bit, throwing pretty awesomely, missing our Ultimate Frisbee playing days of college.
2. I got some new running shoes! So far, I love them. I only went running once this last week, this morning, but I felt great afterwards, something I don’t usually feel after running. In fact, I felt like going for another run (which is crazy talk). But, the shoes are Saucony Mirage 3 shoes. And they are much more supportive than my Nike Free Fit 2 were, which were starting to wear out and cause me some discomfort when running. I went to a running store called Blue Mile and they analyze my run in order to get me the correct amount of arch support (I need a ‘light stability’ shoe).
3. We changed our preschool group to Mondays, and were on the letter D and the number 4. Unfortunately, I didn’t stay for the lesson as I seriously needed to do a little grocery shopping and I didn’t really feel like taking all three kids with me, to handle the store by myself. But, we all got homemade donuts at the end! Yum! Next Monday, it’s my turn again!
4. I forgot to mention that I won a $100 giveaway from the Online BlogCon! Nothing like some extra cash in your pocket! And, thanks to the Online BlogCon group’s pin parties, my Beginning running tips post has been pinned 421 times! Also, I am totally using twitter way more, so you should follow along!
5. Playgroup this week was hot. So hot. So I let my kids run and jump and play in the sprinklers in the front lawn, shirtless, for 15 minutes before we left to go home.
6. I took the kids to the library on Wednesday night and had the best and cutest conversation with Lisa on the way there. I love that girl so much. And I have a future post in mind all about how cute she is and the conversation we had.
7. I took the kiddos to the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis again this Wednesday morning, going with my girls’ best friend. We mostly played in the new playscape exhibit, and then ate lunch, and then checked out the dinosaurs, where my kids learned about eggs, which is great because that’s what my preschool lesson is going to be about on Monday.
8. I used my birthday present, my Kirby, to shampoo our carpet, and it looks so much better. I hate carpeted dining rooms. So, I love having my own, awesome, carpet cleaner. Best birthday present ever.
9. Michael is rolling all over the place now. One minute he’s next to the couch, and then ten seconds later he’s under the table. (Part of the reason I wanted to clean those carpets!) He’s so cute! I cannot get enough of this boy, although, maybe I could, cause I really don’t want to see him at 1am and 4am every night, which I have been for over a week now. Growth spurt? 10. I won $5 from my credit union today for answering their little promotion. I hope to win another $25 from them. I really love our credit union.
11. Josh and I watched some movies together this week, and played some Sporcle games together. I love Josh. He’s a great husband. And he’s been working very hard at school this week. His classes are brutal. His hardest math classes ever apparently. We are trying hard to remember to pray before, during, and after his quizzes so that he can do well in his classes.
Need date night inspiration?
Subscribe below and you will receive 150+ date night ideas! Plus, you'll receive a "Year of Dates" planning guide to help you create the ultimate relationship gift for your loved one!