1. It was warmer this last weekend, so the kids played outside and got dirty. After they came in and took a warm bath, I was talking on the cell phone and trying to clean up a little in the kitchen at the same time. Somehow I knocked over the Kitchen-Aid, which knocked over our crockpot, which then shattered all over the floor. So, we went and bought ourselves a new crock pot and bedding set at Target last weekend. This is the first real bedding set we’ve bought in our 5 year marriage and we are in love! I am a huge fan of the bed skirt. It’s hiding all of our moving boxes that and collapsed under our bed.2. Michael was unfortunately sick this week. He had a high fever for two solid days, starting on Monday night. I ended up taking him to the ER, because the on-call nurse told me to (I hate the on-call nurses. They always tell me to take my kids into the ER. This is the first time I’ve listened to them, and it was a mistake. I need to just trust myself.). They confirmed at the ER it was just a virus, not to worry about the high temps, and to continue giving him Tylenol. Unfortunately, due to the sickness, it meant we missed out on playgroup. Thankfully, today he was as happy as awesome as always again. 3. We went to church on Sunday, and I love that I am in the nursery and can bring Michael in there with me. He does great and I love all the little kids. They are so cute.
4. Since we no longer have swim lessons at the Y, we haven’t gone to the YMCA once this week. But, I’m thinking we might try to go swimming as a family this weekend.
5. I took the girls to story time at the library and picked up a book I had on hold. We went to an earlier story time, so they didn’t get to play with their “best friend” there. I love how easily my daughters make friends. They are so sweet!
6. We didn’t end up having preschool this week because the other mom was finally able to bring her new baby home from the hospital and wanted to enjoy some family time/adjustment time. So, instead we went to a different friend’s house and played. It was a ton of fun!
7. Josh and I have been watching some 80s movies lately – Adventures in Babysitting, Steel Magnolias, and She’s Having a Baby. The first two are very entertaining, the second one also sad, and the third one… strange, although we thought it was fun to see the mom on Downton Abbey in her younger days! We just got Amazon Prime, so we’ve been streaming some of them from there. (My Amazon affiliate links are used.)
8. Last Saturday I worked on creating a short video to enter into the “100 Years of Loving My Kirby” contest. I am such a cheesy person, and so not a videographer or actress, but it was fun for me to make! (Thanks Josh!) Plus, I got to try out my new Adobe Premiere software! Good luck to me and anyone else that entered. I would get a $500 Visa card if I win! Huzzah! 9. Today I went grocery shopping with all three kids by myself. And we rocked it. Sometimes I am amazed at the awesome children I have. Even though my kids grabbed bags of marshmallows, boxes of super sugar cereal, and other delicious things they thought they needed/wanted, they didn’t once throw a fit or cry about not getting them. Love them! They may have gone a little crazy at the end, attacking the giant lottery machine right by the exit, but otherwise, great. And then I let Alison vacuum unsupervised for two minutes when I went to get the mail, and she vacuumed up a knit glove which broke the vacuum belt and stunk up our house. You win some and you lose some as a parent.
10. Okay, we’ll tell you where my husband was accepted. He is officially accepted into Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas. We are thrilled! It’s very high on our list of universities that we applied to! Until we hear back from some other universities, we don’t know for sure where we’ll go, but we’ve been having a great time envisioning ourselves living in Texas this last week.
Have a great weekend!
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.