1. Our girls have started swim lessons at the YMCA! Thanks to a grandparents Christmas presents the girls are taking their first swim lessons and they love them. They seem to be doing great. I don’t really know, since I drop them off, drop Michael off in the child watch, and then run on the treadmill for 20 minutes, and then pick them up at the end of their lessons. I kind of wish the lessons were progressing a little faster. My kids have no fear of sticking their faces in the water. We will likely enroll them in another session before summer comes, where we hope to spend a lot of time at the YMCA pools!2. Our 10 month old son has officially taken 1-2 steps by himself, but he’s doesn’t seem in a rush to actually walk by himself. He does greatly enjoy cruising along everything though and can stand for a long time without holding onto anything.
3. Michael’s two top teeth continue to come down, and I realize that he now has the world’s cutest gap teeth!4. Josh is officially applied to 5 universities! We don’t know when we’ll start to hear back from them, but we’ll let everyone know what comes of all of this Ph.D. talk.
5. We missed church for several weeks now. This past Sunday we were eagerly awaiting the start of church (which has moved back to 1pm for the year – worst time ever), when we realized at 9:55AM that it was actually Stake Conference and church started at 10AM. Thanks to some friends, we were filled in on the talks given, and our new stake missionary objectives.
6. Last week I had a friend and her two kids come over for playgroup, and then this week we had a big group get together for a Valentine’s brunch.
7. Book club was this week and we discussed the Indianapolis-based young adult novel “The Fault in Our Stars.”
8. We have snow again and the kids have been able to venture out in it at least twice, thanks to our newly purchased (second-hand) snow pants! However, they now think that after playing outside warrants a cup of hot cocoa afterwards, every time.9. Thanks to swim lessons, I have been running again! I was sore after the first few times doing it again, letting me know that it’s been too long and that I am again out of shape. I hope to remedy that, and start becoming a runner again. Treadmills can just be so boring. I can’t wait to run outside again.
10. Josh seems finally over his sore throat and lingering sickness from the flu. The kids are all better as well.
11. The girls and I made 14 Valentine’s Day cards for their family and friends! I cut the right size of cards out of construction paper, and then the girls and I cut out construction paper hearts. I let the girls glue them all down however and wherever they wanted. I made a few myself, and then I had the girls sign their own names, sometimes lightly writing it for them in pencil. It was a great little preschool activity with the cutting, gluing, and signing. Plus, it was such a fun little service we did, as we sent the cards out in the mail (thank you Hallmark for the extra stamps!). I chose to send out 14 because that was the Mommy and Me Monthly Service challenge theme – 14!12. We had preschool again, the first time in about a month. Thanks to sickness, a friend giving birth to a son who’s had to be in the NICU for weeks, and another mom dropping out, we haven’t had it. I put together a lesson on the letter Q. For the lesson I used several of the ideas found on Preschool Express.
13. Our swim lesson this week was postponed, so we were able to go to story time at the library again. And, my daughters “best friend” was there. They are so cute together. The other girl also calls my twins her best friend. I love it. Her mom is also very nice and I’m slowly getting to know her.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.