1. Michael now has another tooth! He broke his top left tooth this morning! And he loves standing up all the time now, for a good 5 seconds or so, although walking is still a (little) bit away. We had a WIC appointment this week. He was just shy of 29″ long and 21lbs.
2. The kids played outside some this week, playing with their neighbor friends again too. Then it snowed, and we haven’t made it back out to play. We really need to buy some snow pants and let our girls go!
3. Josh started his last semester of his Master’s degree this week! He is taking two classes and teaching two classes still, but teaching a new class. He has classes T/TH this semester, which means our schedules are going to be different this semester. We’re excited that he’s almost done and that he has something to fill up his time again with (because even though I love my husband and love doing everything with him, more structure to our lives is a good thing).
4. And we are applying to doctorate programs this week!! We have narrowed down our list to about 5-6 programs across the country, and are filling them out. We’ve reworked his Statement of Purpose about a dozen times so that now it is a concise and eloquent piece. We aren’t sure 100% still if pursing a Ph.D. really is the best course for us, but we are going forward with this plan until we hear back from “the big guy” with something else.
5. I went to a job interview this week! Crazy huh? The job is a month-long evening part-time temp job grading standardized tests for $11.05 an hour. While we’ll have to find a sitter for 2ish hours twice a week, it will otherwise be a great temporary job to earn us some extra money.
6. We also had preschool this week! I taught (lesson plan post coming) about the letter P. So, I decided to make play-dough from scratch (using the first recipe on this blog post from We Love Being Moms). However, after I took the pan off the hot burner, Alison leaned over the stove, placing her palm on the hot electric coils!! Her hand is sore and burnt and has a good blister on it, she is generally doing okay. I feel sooo sad about it! Alison is my kitchen helper, and I (try to) love her help in the kitchen, so it makes me sad that she got hurt. We’ve been treating it at home and give her lots of extra love.
7. I went to see Catching Fire in the theater with a friend. And I loved it! I can’t remember the last time I went to the movies without my husband. Ha.
8. I went to a book club Thursday night. It was delightful as always. We discussed “The Woman in White” although I’m still not even half way done with it. Good book so far!