1. Last Saturday we went to my in-laws. My father-in-law had surgery on his knee and is laid up for a while. We came and helped out both my father-in-law and mother-in-law get some things situated, and to bring a little grandchildren cheer. We had a good visit and are thankful we got to come down…. before it stormed and got super cold on Sunday and Monday.
2. This past week we didn’t really do much. Due to a good amount of snow followed by subzero temperatures, we didn’t have church, Josh’s campus was closed Monday and Tuesday, and didn’t venture off to the YMCA like we should have because the roads are covered with ice and snow, still, after a full week. We did manage to get out to Staples, the grocery store, Josh’s campus, and a friend’s house.
3. Snow!! After a snow-less Christmas Day, we were happy to have some snow on the ground! Our whole family bundled up (before it was subzero – we went out while it was still snowing at like 26 degrees). Our son loved it. Our girls did too. Josh enjoyed shoveling week-long. He shoveled out people, helped people on the side of the road, and more this week. 4. We had preschool this week again! We moved preschool to Thursdays for this semester. My friend taught about the letter O and opposites. I am on for next week, so stay tuned for my lesson on the letter P!
5. We signed the girls up for swim lessons at the YMCA starting in February! The in-laws gave it as their big gift to the girls. They are so excited, and slightly confused as to how they are going to go swimming in the cold… And why they can’t start the lessons right now.
6. I have read more this week. I finished one book (On Learning to Read*), worked on an ebook (The Woman in White* – It’s a free ebook) for one of my book clubs, and just started reading a parenting book (Unconditional Parenting*). Josh and I have also been working our way through Jesus the Christ* (also a free ebook) each night as our couple “scripture” study time. I’ve also been trying to read from the Bible to the girls each day, as well as other books. *These are Amazon affiliate links.
7. I switched themes (design) of my site this week (if you didn’t notice). And I still am not satisfied, so it will likely change again, but I just didn’t love some things about my old design as it loaded slow and wasn’t super user-friendly. Bear with me until I figure this all out.
Hope you have a great week! Stay warm and safe!
Need date night inspiration?
Subscribe below and you will receive 150+ date night ideas! Plus, you'll receive a "Year of Dates" planning guide to help you create the ultimate relationship gift for your loved one!