Friday is here again! Yippie! Here’s what the Fagans have been up to!
1. Last week our Church Christmas party was cancelled due to some bad weather (it’s been moved to tonight). So, we decided to invite some friends to come over, despite the weather. We ate pizza, talked, and enjoyed their friendship.
2. Saturday we went to the Indiana State Museum again, but this time checked out the whole museum, which we’ve never done before. We met up with a bunch of local Indiana bloggers (shout out to Katy of Indy with Kids for the tickets!), took a group picture, and checked out Celebration Crossing. We rode the train and the girls (and Michael) sat with Santa and told him what they wanted for Christmas. We then checked out several other exhibits. I was a bit worried my 3.5 year old twins might not like looking at historical objects and things that are more “boring” but all along the way they exclaimed “This is SO cool!” They often asked us to come look at this or that, asked what things were, and more. Plus, there’s always tons of buttons to push and things to touch. We all had a great time!
4. Josh had finals this week, taking and giving. He was stressed and over-worked for three long days, but is now done! He didn’t get a 4.0 this semester (for the first time in his Master’s Degree) but did well enough in both of his classes. Now he has a month off from school and intends on focusing on applying to doctorate programs.
5. Monday we had preschool here at my house and I taught. You can check out my lesson – M is for Music.
6. Tuesday I took the kids to the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis for our weekly play group and we went down the giant slide, checked out the Jolly Days exhibit, rode the carousel, and played in playscape. I love that place.
7. Wednesday I took the kids to story time at the library and checked out some new books. I really need to get reading more books again. I miss it. I’m looking forward to reading more in the next few weeks with Josh home and things slowing down for Christmas.
8. Thursday our dryer stopped working, and a friend let me come over and dry some wet clothes and do another load. Her husband then came over today and fixed it up for us. It wasn’t a cheap fix, but we hope it will keep it running for more years to come. And considering we were given the dryer for free three years ago, the money we had to spend on it is small in comparison to the cost of a new (or even new-to-us) dryer. We are very thankful for knowledgeable friends who have experience fixing and repairing washers and dryers. Plus, with it all taken apart, I was able to deep clean it. I love deep cleaning. Bye, bye lint! Oh, and it’s the quietest thing now. Love it!
9. Thursday night we went to the Indianapolis Zoo and checked out the Christmas at the Zoo! I’ll be posting all about it here soon. It was awesome and not too cold either!
10. Tuesday night was my book club! It was also a Favorite Things party. Each person brought three of their favorite things to share. I brought a copy of my Ultimate Holiday Guide ebook. 🙂 I love blogging and Christmas, so ta-dah! I ended up staying there chatting it up and having a good time with some friends until just about midnight. I really love my friends and am thankful for their friendships.
Christmas is coming soon! Are you doing anything for the 12 Days of Christmas? If you want to do a Secret Santa 12 Days of Christmas, make sure to check out my old post about what a family once gave to us for 12 days.
Have a great weekend and stay warm!
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.