I skipped last weeks What’s up Fagans? Fridays post due to our anniversary, so the following will try to cover the last two weeks. *Disclosure: My affiliate links are used below.*
1. We’ve been sick around here. Michael had pneumonia and pink eye, and then passed the pink eye to me, then Lisa, and finally Alison. We’re over that, mostly, but Michael now just has a respiratory cold. That poor baby. What this has all meant is cancelled plans and way too much time spent at home!! We cancel preschool this week (I was supposed to teach), didn’t go to play group, didn’t go to story time at the library, didn’t have any friends over, didn’t go to my art night, and didn’t go to the gym. I am so glad we’re on the mend and can get out of our house and play with friends again and workout (although we are pretty sure Mike got sick from child watch at the YMCA… sigh.
2. We did have a special play group party at our house right before Thanksgiving! I hosted it and loved it. I blogged all about it here.
3. For Thanksgiving we went to Josh’s parents house. His grandmother was also visiting! I made some pumpkin pies and we ate some delicious food. I had brought a giant crossword puzzle from the newspaper that morning, but I forget that Josh’s family isn’t so big into games and such. Either way, we had a pleasant visit. Here are some highlights from the day:
4. Last Friday we went to Celebration Crossing at the Indiana State Museum so we could see Santa land in his helicopter. I was chosen as part of a small blogging group to welcome him as he landed and got to take a picture with him. (I wore glasses thanks to the pink eye…)
5. After Celebration Crossing we went shopping in all the great Black Friday tradition. We spent the afternoon store hopping, three kids in tow, forgoing naps, and it all worked out pretty well. We didn’t buy a ton of stuff, but we had a lot of fun and the kids didn’t go bonkers. Really, it just meant for early bedtime, which was nice since it was our Anniversary. Gave us more time to hang out, talk, give foot rubs (me to Josh!), and play with our new game –Bop It. However, it did mean some of this: 6. Last Saturday I think we did some more shopping… ?
7. Sunday we all stayed home from church and listened to Christmas music all day. Sunday also marked the start of 25 Days of Christmas. We’re doing many of the same things we did last year, but I adjusted it to our current calendar and events we have going on. All I know is that we are going to have a splendid month filled with some awesome activities and venues.
8. Monday (for 25 Days of Christmas and Cyber Monday) I ordered our family’s Christmas cards from Cardstore! They were running a pretty great sale and I got 10% cash back from ShopAtHome.com. Plus, they are all being stamped and mailed for me. So, check your mail friends! I want to mention that Cardstore gave me some great customer service. I was trying to reorder on Monday night when I received a few more addresses, and it wasn’t working. The next day, without me saying anything, they sent me an email with a special code that I could use to extend their Cyber Monday sale all the way to Thursday night! Talk about service! I recommend using Cardstore for your cards if you haven’t bought yours yet! (They are 50% off right now.)
9. On Tuesday, I made two new Christmas tree ornaments for my tree at a Relief Society activity this week, which was perfect since Tuesday we set up our tree. We’ve been having a hard time keeping our twins out of the tree. They want to constantly move around ornaments, plug and unplug it in, pull off the tinsel, put toys in it, and more. Michael hasn’t really given it much attention, thankfully. However, he loves our Fisher-Price Little People Christmas Story Nativity! I’m so thankful our in-laws bought it for our kids two years ago.
11. It snowed yesterday last night and the girls were very excited about it! This morning I bundled them up and sent them outside to play. I was pleasantly surprised when they played in the snow for more than 2-5 minutes like they’ve done every other year. Lisa promptly fell down and made a snow angel and threw some snowballs. I’m optimistic that we can have some fun outside this winter!
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.