I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by Probably Crafting and Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter. And then I was nominated by Katy of Chaos and Kiddos for a Liebster Award, and then she again just nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. So, I thought, well, why not? If three people want to nominate me for this little fun little game, then I suppose it is time for some random Fagan Facts to be shared about me, Katelyn. Thank you ladies for the nominations! I feel very honored. I will now share some random facts about me, answer some questions and nominate some other awesome blogger for what I’ll call the Awesome Blogger Award.
11 Random Facts about Me:
- I can lick my elbow. Seriously, I can. I can also suck my nostrils together, without pinching them with my fingers.
- My husband was my first official boyfriend and my last.
- I played the French horn from the 5th grade all the way until my senior year of college.
- Apparently I have weird finger nails, according to my husband. The nails on my pointer fingers start to curve once they get long, and my thumb nail is curved all the way around. When I have had manicures done, I never like how they paint the French tips because they never follow the ridiculous natural curve of my nails. So, I don’t like manicures, and I don’t like having long nails. I used to bite my nails up super bad. I don’t think my nails are weird at all though!
- I hate being cold. I would prefer being sweaty and hot over freezing and shivering any day.
- I had my own paper route as soon as I turned 12 years old. Before I turned 12 I regularly helped my siblings with theirs. I had a paper route until I was 16 years old, delivering papers Sunday morning before church, and M-F after school. I bet you anything I can still wrap a newspaper like a pro, and land a newspaper on someone’s porch while riding a bicycle.
- I have an accent. I grew up in Wisconsin, living in the same house until I left for BYU in Utah. While much of my accent is lost, I still say words that end in -ag different (not wrong) from a large percentage of Americans. These words include bag, tag, rag, sag, flag, and drag. Some people honestly don’t know what I just said to them. And I honestly have a hard time saying it like “other” way. Thankfully, I naturally pronounce Fagan correctly. It has a long “a” sound.
- I love cereal. And I am pretty sure I will always love cereal. Healthy, sugary, or somewhere in between, I love it all. My day doesn’t start until I have eaten a cold bowl of cereal. Some days that only thing I eat is cereal – breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and snacks too). I’ve cut back, but some days, you just can’t beat the ease of pouring a bowl and digging in.
- Sometimes I wish I would have earned a different college degree. I love art and love that I can make some money creating and selling art and (hopefully someday) teaching art lessons. But, sometimes I wish I would have majored in business or communications. I desire to earn a Master’s degree some day, but am unsure what to major in. I love learning and often switch what I would like to do for a career some day in the future (after my stint as SAHM is over). Currently, I like the idea of being a real estate agent.
- I hate spending money. I hate how expensive everything is. And I hate not having any money.
- One of the biggest disappointments of my life happened my senior year of high school. I practiced and practiced my French horn solo for Solo & Ensemble, only to not qualify to go on to State. I cried and cried as I saw a 2 next to my name on the performance sheet and realized I would not be moving on to the state competition.
33 Questions. 33Honest Answers.
My Questions from Probably Crafting:
- Where would you like to live if you could pick anywhere on the planet? Hawaii.
- What is your best dish you cook? Baked French Toast, because I don’t cook and I love breakfast foods.
- What is under your bed? Storage boxes, awaiting our next move.
- What was the first gift your husband or children ever gave you? A mixed CD from my husband.
- What is one thing you wish you had when your children were infants and one thing you had and didn’t use? Cloth diaper service; preemie clothes.
- City, town, or Country, which do you live in? City.
- What is your favorite activity? Talking, specifically to my husband.
- Why do you blog? Cause I love it! I like writing, I like sharing advice with others, and it’s fun! And I’m now making money doing it too. It’s such a passion of mine.
- How do you separate blogging with family time? I’m working on finding my balance, but thankfully my three kids nap at the same time, for now.
- What is your favorite book? The Holy Bible and the Book of Mormon are awesome, but I also love These Is My Words among many others.
- Would you rather the weather be sunny or snowing? SUNNY!
My Questions From Mrs Tee:
- Have you received any other Blog Awards? If so, which ones? I received the International Blogger Award.
- How long have you been a Blogger? What’s up Fagans? been around since Spring 2009.
- How often do you post? 3-6 times a week.
- Where is your favorite place to Blog? On What’s up Fagans?… and while sitting at my desktop computer in the middle of my living room.
- What do you do when you hit a writing wall? Taking a break really helps! Exercising, playing with my kids, unplugging for a day, reading a great book. All of them can help spark a new topic to write and discuss on my blog.
- What is one tip you would give a new Blogger? Know your audience. Know why you blog. And then write for them and for yourself. Make your posts informative and passionate, but always be humble. You don’t know everything. You just don’t.
- What is the last movie you saw (theater or home)?: We watch movies at home all the time, but last one in theater was Earth to Echo.
- Where is your favorite place to eat out with your family?: I love eating out. Is this a trick question? Anywhere that serves bread or chips for free before the meal!
- What is your favorite post to date? I have so many favorite posts! Two of my favorites are my 21st Century Stay at Home Mom post a lot as well as my post about my dad.
- What is your favorite Social Media Network? I’m on Facebook the most often, but I kind of hate it. But I love Pinterest! I love it for collecting great ideas for my own personal use as well as find it to be an amazing promotional tool. Pinterest is far and away my #1 traffic referrer.
- My Signature Question: Are you on the Coffee Crew or Team Tea? Neither! I’m a Mormon and my religion prohibits drinking tea or coffee. I’ve never had either and I never will.
My Questions From Chaos and Kiddos:
- What is your favorite movie? I love Marley and Me, The Incredibles, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind a lot.
- What do you do to unwind? The best way to unwind is snuggled up next to my husband, chatting with him about life.
- What was your very first job? I was a paper carrier. I was 12. My next job was flipping burgers at Tucker’s Restaurant, and then working for Walden Books’ calendar stand in the mall, and then at a Bridal shop. Then at ShopKo where I worked for 1.5 years. And several more jobs. You are welcome for the glimpse at my job history.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? I would read people’s thoughts, but only if it can with an “optional use” feature. I sometimes have a hard time with empathy, and I feel like it would help me understand people and their emotions better.
- What type of music do you listen to? Pop. Classic Rock. And fun dance songs. I like positive, upbeat, fun music, and lots of 80’s songs.
- If you could turn into an animal, what would you pick and why? I don’t know why I would want to turn into an animal, but probably something awesome like a big brown bear. You’re big, warm, fuzzy, but also scary enough that most other animals won’t eat me.
- What challenges you most in the blogging world? Figuring out how to do it better. Write better. Take better photos. Make Pin-worthy images and share-worthy content. I am constantly thinking about how I can grow even more and it always makes me aware of my weaknesses. I don’t think I do any one thing particularly well, but I like that challenge to keep growing and figuring things out, even if it’s overwhelming sometimes.
- What is your greatest fear? It used to be my father dying. Now it’s likely my husband or my spouse dying. I never want that to happen, at least not for a very, very long time. I will miss them too much!
- What is your most prized possession? (besides family) This is tough. I don’t have a lot of things and am not generally sentimental or attached to items. I would say some of my most prized possessions are pieces of artwork that I have created. I love my crayon painting and the drawing of my husband. Seems ironic a bit since I don’t do art much at all anymore. I would also say my old journals are pretty important to me.
- What is one everyday item you couldn’t possibly live without? I do well living without a lot of things, but I really couldn’t live without my bed. I love our bed. It’s where I recharge, read scriptures, love my husband, get blessed sleep, talk, snuggle with my children, and more.
- Who is your greatest support and encouragement? This is of course my husband, even if he, at times, really hates my blog. He loves me and supports me and encourages me a lot. I don’t know what I would do without his support in all aspects of my life. I also have some great blogging friends who give me amazing support and encouragement.
I want to go ahead and nominate the following wonderful bloggers as being Awesome Bloggers. You guys all deserve a Sunshine Award, Liebster Award, and Versatile Blogger Award, whatever they really mean (as they are a bit like those chain mail emails from years ago). I would definitely nominate Katy Blevins if I could, but since she nominated me, I can’t. Boo!
Here are my shout-outs/nominations:
- Katie of Clarks Condensed. She’s pretty much the blogging bomb-diggity and one of my best blogging friends and real life friends though we’ve never met. She’s like my #1 supporter of my blog. I’m lucky to have her as a friend.
- Heather of Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks. She’s an amazingly efficient, multi-tasking woman who has a heart of gold and works her butt off as a teacher and as a blogger. Plus, her recipes look great and I can always count on here for some book recommendations!
- Camille of Colorado Springs Tours and Reviews. She’s such a great supporter and fan of mine and is amazingly talented at all she does. Thank you!
- Lauren Tamm of The Military Wife and Mom is an up and coming blog star. I know it! I love her content which focuses on kids and family and can’t wait to read her next post!
- Jill Levenhagen of JL Photography is a real life friend and fellow blogger. She’s such a great supporter of others and of me personally. I am very grateful for her help and friendship.
- Crystal of Mom for Less. Crystal is a funny, down-to-earth person.
- Katy of Indy with Kids. She’s been such a great person to get to know and is a fabulous woman and blogger.
- Clare of the Super Mommy Club. She’s a fellow twin Momma and has some great posts and regularly links up to the HDYDI link up!
- Heidi of One Creative Mommy. She really is creative! I love her ideas, parties, and decor. If only I were as creative!
- Nina G of Sleeping Should Be Easy. She has some excellent parenting blog posts.
- Melanie East of It Happens In A Blink. She’s also a multiples Momma, but to triplets! She has a great DIY, Crafts, and Easy Food recipes.
- Kathleen of Fearlessly Creative Mammas. Kathleen is great and her blog is full dinner and dessert recipes with a little parenting and crafts thrown in.
- Cherie Lowe of Queen of Free. Cherie has paid off a crazy amount of debt and shares some debt-slaying tips and great deals with her reader. Plus, she’s just a great person and will soon be releasing her first book!
- Sara Croft of Solid Gold Eats. If you like really good food, you’ll love Sara’s blog. She’s also confessed to be my blog stalker, even though she doesn’t even have kids. 😉
- Sadia of How do you do it? Sadia is the owner of HDYDI and I look forward to meeting her in-person soon!
- Amanda of Dirt and Boogers. I’ve been blog stalking her for a bit now, as I’m trying to see how she does with her goal of yell less at her kids this year too. I’m totally failing, so I like her reminders on how to do it better. Great parenting posts from her for sure.
- Alison Wood of Pint-Sized Treasures. She’s got a great Christian motherhood/womanhood blog and writes to help you be a better parent and Christian. I feel like we are often on the same page about a lot of things too.
- Lindsey of Growing Kids Ministry. I love Lindsey’s craft and preschool ideas as well as Christian teaching resources.
- Sheila of To Love, Honor, and Vacuum. I love her blog! She’s got such great advice for parenting and especially about being a better wife.
- Beth of Messy Marriage. I also love reading her posts on marriage and family.
- Kristen of We are THAT Family. Also one of my favorite blogs to read. I love her humble, strong Christian motivation and encouragement to be a better wife and mother as well.
I am not going to ask them questions. I just really want to share some of my favorite people/bloggers with you all! I still have many more I love! So, please don’t feel offended if I didn’t include you. This list could get pretty long if I included all the awesome bloggers I know and blogs I read. 🙂
But, I hope you enjoyed learning more about me, Katelyn Fagan, and will check out some of my friend’s blogs and other great blogs that I personally enjoy reading.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.