Inside: Find out how to create your own photo Christmas card ornaments this year!
I love getting Christmas cards, and sending them, in the mail, especially ones with great pictures of family and friends near and far.
With the growing popularity of photo Christmas cards, it’s always a shame to throw them out, especially when they are photo Christmas cards!
So, I did a little search for some ideas on how to create fun ornament photo Christmas cards from the photo Christmas cards we received in the mail, using this tutorial from Better Homes and Garden as my guide.
It’s a great way to recycle some of those photo Christmas Cards.
How to Make Photo Christmas Card Ornaments
Materials Needed to Make a Photo Christmas Card Ornament
- Photo Christmas Cards
- Regular Christmas Cards
- Tracing Template
- Other decorating supplies
Instructions on Making Photo Christmas Card Ornaments
I did a live demonstration of how to do this craft for Hometalk as well if you are a visual learner. You can check that out below! Start at 11:41 time to jump to this specific idea.
1. Grab a few photo Christmas cards and regular Christmas cards (or card stock would work too), glue, tracing templates, scissors, pens/pencil, ruler, ribbon, and other decorative supplies.
2. Use your template and figure out what shape, what size, and what photo you want to cut out, then trace it, and cut it out.
3. Use an old Christmas Card and trace out a background for your photo that is slightly bigger than your original image.
4. Next figure out how you want to decorate it! My daughters helped me glue down some red ribbon, and some green sequins to spruce it up a bit.
5. Tape a simple ribbon to the back and hang it on your tree!
Now every year you can see some of your favorite people smiling back at you! Be sure to add the names and year to the back as well so you can remember who they are and when it was taken years later.
**Check out my post for more great ideas on what to do with all those Christmas cards and the leftover wrapping paper!**
For more Christmas craft ideas, check out the following posts!:
- How to Make a 3-D Christmas Card Ornament
- How to Make a Miniature Christmas Village with Christmas Cards
- How to Make Christmas Gift Tags from Old Christmas Cards
- How to Make a DIY Gift Box from a Christmas Card
- How to Make a Wire Christmas Card Display Picture Frame for Under $15
- 27 FREE DIY Homemade Christmas Stockings Patterns and Tutorials
- 12 Free Printable Nativity Coloring Pages for Kids
- How to Assemble Blessing Bags for the Homeless
Need date night inspiration?
Subscribe below and you will receive 150+ date night ideas! Plus, you'll receive a "Year of Dates" planning guide to help you create the ultimate relationship gift for your loved one!