Hey there! What’s up? I’m Katelyn Fagan. And this is my blog.
This blog is about me and my family. But, not so much in that annoying “Oh, my kids are the bestest of all the bestest best kids in the whole wide world” obnoxious sort of way.
What’s up Fagans? is about our journey through this awesome, totally hard, thing called life, and how we are doing our darndest to make the most of it.
Although this life is full of change, disappointment, trials, and heartache (all of which we’ve experienced in our marriage), it is also full of beauty, hope, joy, and love.
I like to remind myself and others who stumble their way to my site of the good.
Here at What’s up Fagans? you will find posts that are honest, practical, and helpful to your soul, your home, your health, your children, and your spouse.
You will regularly find posts about pregnancy and raising kids because I am a mother of four children, including a set of twins.
You’ll find that I approach parenting with a sense of humor and honesty. Because while I’m trying to raise awesome kids with boundaries, responsibility, work ethics, and religion, I don’t really know what I am doing. Like you, I just try my best.
My Best Pregnancy Posts:
- Where to Get Maternity Clothes that Rock but Don’t Break the Bank
- Baby Gender Reveal with Siblings – 8 Fun Ideas to Involve the Kids
- Discounts, Deals & Freebies for New Moms, Pregnant Women, and Babies
- What Second Time Moms Need on Their Baby Registry List
- Overcoming the Fear of Pregnancy After Miscarriage
- How to Know if it’s a Boy or Girl Gender Prediction Infographic
My Best Parenting Posts:
- Teaching Children the Importance of Work
- How to Get Your Child to Nap Past Their 4th Birthday
- Regular Chores for 3 Year Olds
- How to Prevent Your Baby from Taking Their Diaper Off
- Parenting Twins is Hard
- 9 Parenting Tactics for Toddlers That Really Work
This means my posts on motherhood will be peppered with my failures as a mother, my short temper, yelling fits, selfishness, and character imperfections, in the hopes that you just might relate.
My Best Posts on Motherhood:
- What an Introverted Moms Really Needs
- The Epidemic Affecting stay at Home Moms Everywhere
- The 21st Century Stay-At-Home Mom
- 5 Ways to be Happier as a Stay at Home Mom
- 55 Ways to be the Silly, Fun, Playful Parent You’ve Always Wanted to Be
You will also regularly find posts about how to save money and make extra money, because I am extremely frugal. Like, I rarely ever go shopping for myself or buy anything, and regularly pick up the cheapest brand of something when I do, even though it often lives up to its low price tag. Fortunately (or unfortunately) my spender husband tends to balance out my cheaps-Kate self.
My Best Money-Saving Tips:
- How to Create a Monthly Budget that Works
- 21 of the Best Survey Sites for Moms to Make Money Online
- Cash Back Sites – What They Are & How to Use Them
- 5 Ways to Save Money on Moving Costs
- No Eating Out for 2 Month Challenge
- How to Save Money on Gas
But, life also necessitates a certain level of budget-consciousness as we are now a family of six and my husband is a PhD student.
The hubby is currently earning a doctorate degree in Mathematics Education with at least 2 years to go until he can graduate and hopefully work in his dream career as a college math professor. This degree is the reason we are currently living in Texas, though I originally hail from Wisconsin.
Because I deeply and profoundly believe marriage is an essential, fulfilling, happy part of life, you’ll find marriage tips and date night ideas here. My husband and I celebrated 7 years of marriage in November 2015 and still love each other (in case the slew of four kids in 5 years didn’t give that away).
My Most Popular Posts on Marriage:
- How to Make Your Own Year of Dates Gift
- 15 Ways to Give Words of Affirmation to Your Husband
- Spin the Bottle Date Night Idea
- 72 Unique At Home Date Night Ideas
- Top 10 Ways of Protecting Your Marriage
In order to see my husband through his degree and afford life, I work-from-home as a blogger. But, I’m also a stay-at-home-mother and homeschooler.And it’s rough. I honestly stink at making sure my priorities are in their proper places all the time, but am working hard to step into balance. So you’ll also find posts about managing life and living simply.
My Best Posts on Homemaking and Simple Living:
- How to Stop Drowning in Laundry – My Simple 3 Days Laundry Solution
- 50+ Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks to Deep Clean Every Room in Your House
- Small Apartment Organization Ideas
- DIY Princess Elsa Costumes & DIY Princess Anna Costumes
- Household Cleaning Checklist Printable
Because I’m not just a wife, mom, homeschooler, and blogger, I’m also the Primary President at church, a book club organizer, a child of God, an off-and-on again exerciser, a homemaker, and a social butterfly.
My Best Posts on Faith
- 5 Ways of Memorizing Scripture with Your Kids
- 13 Ways to Achieve More Powerful Personal Prayer
- Stop Negotiating: How to Align Your Prayers to God’s Will
- How to Make Time for God Amid the Demands of Motherhood
You’ll find blog posts on all those aspects of my life here at What’s up Fagans? because I know I’m not the only 21st Century mom juggling many hats!
So, if you want to join me and many others in always knowing “What’s up Fagans?” then subscribe to our email newsletter.
Or, if emails aren’t your thing, follow me on Social Media and let’s connect! I’m active on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram & Google+. Or drop me an email (or visit my Contact Page) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether or not you’ll agree with me in all of my posts, I hope you’ll always appreciate my humble, down-to-earth, non-judgmental, goofy, all too practical, frugal, Mormon-self, who has a hard time holding grudges and smiles a huge toothy smile very easily. May God bless you and your family on your journey in life.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.