My 8-year-old daughter gives her (very) honest Kidbox Review and I share all the details of what we thought of this clothing subscription box for kids.
I don’t like spending money, especially on clothes my kids will likely destroy or outgrow in a short period of time, so we often opt for some very basic tee and pants around here, frequently buying things secondhand online or gladly accepting friend’s hand-me-downs.
I, myself, am not very stylish nor do I care that much to be, so I certainly don’t care if my kids are the trendiest little things on the playground.
BUT, if I can get them something nicer for the same price, why not? That’s always a great deal!
So when Kidbox reached out to me about trying them out, I said I’d give it a go and do a KidBox review and Kidbox unboxing video even in exchange for product.
After our recent Stitch Fix Kids review, I was curious about how they would compare.
KidBox is a clothing subscription service for kids ages 0-12, or size newborn to 14.
Each box contains 6-7 items with no shipping free, free size exchanges, no styling fee, and you try first and pay later. You also have 7 days to decide on what you want to keep. There is no obligation for getting a box!
They offer 5 seasonal boxes a year (Summer, Back-to-School, Fall, Winter, and Spring) and you are notified several weeks before the box ships. You can skip the box at any time. They are currently offering their “Back-to-School Box.”
If you keep the entire box you receive a huge discount that makes the entire box only $98 (or $68 if it’s their Baby by KidBox subscription) and you get to choose from one of four different organizations (Homeless Families, The Community Hope Center, Puerto Rico Relief, or Victims of Domestic Abuse) for Kidbox to donate clothes to.
If you don’t love everything, items are still marked down several dollars from their full retail price at a “Kidbox Price” so you can still get a good deal on anything in the box (though the best prices are from buying it all).
They work with 120+ clothing brands like Adidas, Jessica Simpson, Art + Eden, Lucky brand, Reebox, DKNY, Limited Too, Puma, Guess, Lee, and Sketchers. They also have their own brand called “Kids Club.”
Try them NOW and take 10% off your first order + Free Shipping with code TRY10 at KIDBOX! Or read on to discover what my 8-year-old daughter thought of her clothes.
KidBox Unboxing Video
The first thing you do when you order a Kidbox is to fill out a style and size questionnaire on behalf of your child.
The Kidbox Style Guide asks the following:
- Choose your child’s style: Sporty Athletic, Classic Preppy, Modern Casual, City Cool
- Select styles she won’t wear: big brand logos, dresses, stripes, short hemline, denim jeans, big graphics
- Select colors she doesn’t like: pink, yellow, green, red, purple, etc
- What does she need more of?: school clothes, weekend clothes, basics, trendy pieces, athletic wear, more tops, more bottoms, backpack, fall styles, wear now
- Where do you shop for her?: Gap, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Old Navy, Target, Nordstrom, Crewcuts, Zara
- What makes her special?: Active, shy, chatty, artistic, silly, bookworm
- Email and shipping info
Once that is done, you can expect your box to ship between 1-2 weeks!
My daughter Lisa isn’t “going back to school” as we homeschool, but she is growing like a week and always needs some nice new clothes to wear. But, she can also be kinda picky about what she wears, as most girls her age start to be, so I was worried it wouldn’t be great. We had mixed results from her Stitch Fix for Girls box after all.
In Lisa’s Kidbox she received:
- Kids Club Girls Heart Print Boatneck Top, Size 12 – Retail $30, Kidbox Price $23
- 7 for All Mankind Girls Josefina Boyfriend jeans, size 12 – Retail $59, Kidbox Price $45
- Kids Club Girls 2-Pack Leggings, Size 12 – Retail $36, Kidbox Price $27
- French Toast Girls tie front ruffle top size 12 – Retail $22, Kidbox price $17
- PS From Aeropostale Girls Twill Parka with Crochet, size 12 – Retail $39.50, Kidbox Price $30
- Joe’s Jeans Girls Space Dyed Terry Tee, size L – Retail $29, Kidbox Price $22
- DKNY Popcorn Cozy cardigan, size L – Retail $34, Kidbox price $26
I think Lisa looked SO GOOD in everything! She was more skeptical about some pieces, mostly because she’s never worn pieces like them before (again, she’s mostly a skirt and tee girl with simple tastes).
I love the short sleeved ruffle top, the cardigan, and the parka the most, but everything else was great too. (Scroll back up and watch the video for all the live reactions if you want!)
Lisa received 8 items in her box if you count the 2-pack of leggings as two items of clothing (which I am going to).
The retail price of everything in her box was $249.50 or $31.19 per item. The Kidbox price of everything was $190 or $23.75 per item. But the full box price is just $98 or only $12.25 per item!
For namebrand clothes that were super nice (way nicer than I would ever buy her on my own) and I didn’t have to go in and out of stores to shop for, and would allow me to help donate a box of clothes to someone in need, it was a no-brainer to keep everything!
She looked great in all of it and will have some nice clothes to grow into (most are large on her) over the next school year.
Kidbox Promo Codes
I highly recommend Kidbox! I love that they are seasonal and free to try and a great price and quality.
If you want to try them out you can take 10% off your first order + free Shipping with code TRY10 at KIDBOX!
Let me know what you think of the clothes they sent her and of clothes your kid receives should you give them a try.