When I was working on removing acrylic paint from carpet in my front homeschool room, I also wanted to figure out how do I get Blue Tack out of carpets…. except, I didn’t actually know that it was Blu Tack.
I thought maybe it was paint, or Play-Doh.
All I knew was that it was blue in color and stuck in my carpet fibers and I wanted it removed.
So I tried using the soap and water scrub that I did to remove the paint from the carpet, but it didn’t work here… so it probably wasn’t paint.
I then remembered that we had used Blu Tack reusable adhesive putty, or sticky tack, or mounting putty (whatever you call this putty stuff used to hang up posters and pictures on walls) and that that is what this was!
Now that I actually knew what I was dealing with, I made my best guess on how to remove sticky tack from carpet. Thankfully, it worked like a charm and now I get to share it with you.
How to Remove Blu Tack from Carpet
Materials Needed to Remove Sticky Tack from Carpet
Thankfully, nothing fancy is required to get that annoyed sticky tack off carpet.
Instructions on How to Remove Poster Putty from Carpet
It’s a very easy process and it didn’t take long at all! Yeah!
1.Scrape off any excess sticky tack you can from the carpet fibers, using a butter knife, or a fork.
2. Apply Goo Gone onto a cotton ball and begin gently dabbing at the Blu Tack on the carpet.
3. Keep dabbing at the Blu Tack until it is removed from the carpet. Add more Goo Gone to the cotton ball as necessary or grab a new cotton ball if need. If extra stubborn, you can scrub it with a little toothbrush or carpet brush.
4. After it is removed, wash the area with a little warm, soapy water.
5. Let dry.
And that’s it!
My carpet was easily cleaned of Blu Tack in carpet and smelling good even thanks to that citrus smell in the Goo Gone.
If this doesn’t work for you for some reason, or you don’t have Goo Gone already, try using vegetable oil.
Be sure to check out my book full of cleaning tutorials just like this, as well as the following posts on removing carpet stains!
- How to Get Slime Out of Carpet
- How to Remove Poop Stains from Carpet
- How to Remove Carpet Stains with Only Water
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.