My very own mother taught me today’s cleaning hack – how to clean copper pots with vinegar and salt.My mother always kept a water bottle of white vinegar next to the sink so she could easily clean her copper pots quickly and easily after each use. Unfortunately, I once accidentally took a swig from that water bottle full of vinegar, thinking it was just water, and was seriously surprised and disgusted! Bleh!
How glad I am that vinegar is a natural product as well as a strong cleaning agent. It works great to clean copper pots and make them shine like new but won’t cause you any harm, other than to your sense of smell. Bonus: vinegar and salt are cheap.
So, to clean copper bottomed pots and get them shining like new again grab the following:
- White Vinegar
- Scour Pad
- Dirty Copper Pots
How to Copper Pots with Vinegar:
Step #1 – Sprinkle salt onto the bottom of your pans. Step #2 –Pour or spray your white vinegar on the salt. Step #3 – It will change color! It’s working!Step #4 – Now take your scour pad and rub that vinegar around and into that salt.Step #5 – Add more vinegar and salt as needed and continue to scrub. And that’s it! Your pots will be shiny and brighter then ever before! Here’s a video I put together showing you how:
It really works!
Seriously! It’s that easy!
Apparently, you can also clean copper pots with ketchup (since it has vinegar in it)! Check out my tutorial with ketchup! Another great product that works to clean copper pots is Bar Keepers Friend. That stuff is great!Now go clean those copper pots!
For more great cleaning tips, be sure to follow my Cleaning board on Pinterest!
And then check out my other cleaning posts:
- How to Care for Your Mattress and Get On Top of a New One
- 50+ Deep Cleaning Tips and Tricks for Every Room in Your House
- Spring Cleaning Checklists and Printables
- How to Remove Crayon Marks from Walls (11+ Ways)
- How to Clean Stove Drip Pans (4 Ways)
- How to Use Bar Keepers Friend on Stainless Steel Pans
- How to Clean Copper Bottom Pots with Vinegar
- How to Clean Your Oven with Baking Soda
- Dare to Compare White Cloud Laundry Detergent
- Why I Believe in Cleaning the House with Awake Kids
- How to Remove Pee Stains from a Mattress
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.