Want to learn how to clean chrome rims? This is possibly the best way to clean tire rims because you can do it at home and it will even clean up chrome rims with rust! This post is sponsored by Bar Keepers Friend, but all opinions are my own.
My husband really like a clean car. He grew up with cars as his father bought and restored old Porsches and they often took trips to various Porsche related events. He is often the one running our cars through the car wash or having other people clean it and is a tad OCD about what we do inside the car. We all have our thing. And it’s good to take pride in your vehicles. The more you take care of your car, the longer it will last.
But, I don’t always love how expensive it is to take the vehicles through the car wash! I’d rather do it myself. But we lived in an apartment until recently so it was tough to do it yourself without a hose. Which is why I was glad to discover a way to wash your car in an apartment without water!
But, using those products wasn’t the cheapest thing either, and I run out pretty quick. I wondered if there was a good way to clean it without paying for a specific car cleaning product.
I had some Bar Keepers Friend on hand and thought I would see how well it worked to clean chrome rims on our car.
Bar Keepers Friend is amazing at cleaning stainless steel and chrome, removing rust, and even hard water buildup. Plus, it’s quick and easy to use and super affordable. One can/bottle lasts a long time and can be used for so many things. So I figured it could be great for to clean up chrome rims at home.
Be sure to watch my short video (featuring my cute son) on how to do it!
How to Clean Chrome Rims
Materials Needed to Clean Chrome Rims
- Bar Keepers Friend (I used the spray version as the chrome rims are vertical)
- Scouring Pad
- Microfiber Cloths
Instructions on How to Clean Up Chrome Rims
1. Wipe down the surface of the chrome rim with clean water and a sponge.
2. Spray Bar Keepers Friend onto the chrome rim. Spray extra on any tough dirt or rusty spots. Let it sit a minute.
3. Take a wet sponge (or scouring pad) and begin to clean the chrome rim. Spray more as necessary.
4. Rinse with clean water.
5. Dry with a microfiber cloth.
And that’s it!! This is seriously so easy and takes such little time. My kids even helped me with it. The results are fantastic too.
I seriously love Bar Keepers Friend! You can find what stores near you carry it here. Enjoy that clean chrome rim!
Also, check out these helpful posts!:
- How to Wash Your Car in an Apartment Without Water
- How to Prep Your Vehicle for a New Baby
- How to Kid-Proof Your Car (aka Car Rules for Kids)
- How to Get Rid of Vomit Smell in Your Car
- What Foods and Drinks to Pack for a Long Family Road Trip
- What to Pack for a Family Vacation – Packing Checklist
- What Texas Moms Need to Know About Car Insurance
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.