1. On Saturday I went to my friend’s baby shower. She’s due February 26th. She’s the friend I used to go walking with when we were both still early in our pregnancy. It’s been very fun having a friend close by who is due around the same time as me. She had a great shower!
2. My dad visited on Sunday and came to Church with us. The girls enjoyed seeing him, of course. He plays with them and loves them very much.
3. Monday I had my appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine and everything with the baby boy’s heart beat looks great! (See more about my pregnancy and this visit with THIS post from this week). My friend watched my kids at our place so I could go to the appointment downtown without having to worry about my kids running around the room while I was lying flat on a bed for a long time. We got to hang out for a little bit at my house before she had to go pick up her son from preschool.
4. I then went to the library to pick up a book I had on hold and return a damaged book… However, since the book was damaged, they made me buy it – for $8.50. Totally lame. The only damage was some crayon scribbles on the front and back cover. And of course I didn’t even like the book very much, but now it’s mine. But, my pregnant friend (from point #1) also just happened to be at the library when we went so we got to spend a little time with her and two of her kids. How fun!
5. When we got home from the library, Josh was home from school. He apparently had a headache so he came home to eat and sleep, but I always think it’s nice to see him! Mondays and Wednesdays can be so long.
6. We actually had FHE on Monday too! We’ve been slacking this new year, mostly due to the last Monday night schedule.
7. Tuesday was playgroup. Always a fun time! And then in the evening we had a Relief Society activity. It was a “speed reading” night. We each brought and talked about our favorite book. And people would rotate after three minutes to the next person. It was fun to get to chat with everyone and fun to hear what people like and get some good recommendations.
8. I went to the grocery store with the girls during the day on Wednesday. It’s been a long time since I’ve braved such a trip without Josh, but now I have a car during the day. They did pretty well, though certainly not perfect. I am so glad that I made a monthly meal plan for this month! It has been a big help so far and I think it will continue to help us stay in a monthly budget for food. Let’s hope!
9. I’ve been doing a bunch of squats this week. My brother and his friend are hosting a February Fitness Challenge on Facebook. (It’s not too late to join! Click HERE to visit the event page.) This month the challenge is to do 1000 situps by the end of the month, or roughly 36 situps a day. Since I’m pregnant, I figured situps were not a great idea, but figured that squats would be a good exercise to help me get ready for delivery day next month. The first two days of doing 30 squats each day were killer! So, I only did a few the third day, but have since found that I’m already not sore much at all the next day after doing the requisite amount of squats. I’ve been making sure that I squat throughout the day as I’m picking up objects, switching laundry, etc, and count them toward my daily total. It’s been a really good reminder about my posture and bending over.
10. On Thursday my friend Hillary called and invited us to go to the NCAA Hall of Fame Museum downtown. We haven’t been there before and it wasn’t expensive at all. We all piled into our suburban and parked on the IUPUI campus (with Josh’s parking pass) for free and then walked down the Cultural Trail to the museum. It wasn’t a long walk, but longish as Hillary forgot the stroller in the back of her car. But, we made it and checked out the museum. Though I was beat by the time we got there and not too long after definitely needed to get some food into me! I was feeling pretty weak and lousy. Thank you pregnancy. But, after we finished up at the museum, went outside and finished eating, I felt better and was ready for the walk back to the car. Luckily it was a very beautiful day! It was sunny and 45ish degrees.
11. We’ve been working on potty training Alison this week, keeping her in panties while we are at home and awake. During nap time and bedtime we put her in Easy-Ups/diapers and when we go out, which this week, has been quite a bit. But, she did go #2 in the potty a few times this week and pee several times. She has had some wet accidents, but it hasn’t been all too many. We’re just excited to be working more consistently on it with her. She’s a stubborn one and doesn’t always want to listen to us when we tell her to use the bathroom, but it’s slowly getting better. I am just so sick of changing her diapers. Ugh. I would love to have her trained before the new baby comes, but I’m also realistic about it.
12. I read the book Divergent by Veronica Roth in about 4 days this week. I couldn’t renew it, so I had to read it before I returned it. It was a quick read and very typical young adult dystopian novel. But, it was nice to have a novel to read between all of my birthing books of late. Josh also read a book this week – a Star Wars book. Surprise, surprise, right? He started another one yesterday. I really do enjoy reading and hope to read many more books this year than last year. It’s a great way to pass the time.
13. I have my 36 week doctor appointment today. I can’t believe tomorrow will be one month exactly from my due date! I’m so excited to meet our little guy, though not totally prepared for it. I was just talking to Josh last night about how we don’t even have a hospital bag together and are still working on finalizing who can help watch our kids when I do go into labor. Tomorrow I also have a baby shower! Hopefully after that we can finalize what we still need to purchase before he comes as well. We’ve bought some diapers, have a mound of clothes ready, some blankets, and the crib set up, but there’s always odds and ends it seems. And I still haven’t attended a birth class or taken a tour of the hospital. I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to be very busy!
14. The sister we give rides to church loves spoiling our children, born and unborn. She called us up this week and gave us a ton of clothes for our kids and even bought our girls a kitchen play-set! I’ve been wanting to get one for the girls for a very long time, so I was very excited and thankful she got one for the girls (though Josh not as much). They have just enough room in their bedroom for it now. It just needs some accessories and it will be even awesomer.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.