1. Josh was told by one of his student that he is the best math teacher she has ever had. 🙂 He’s good at what he does. He’s a great teacher too.
2. After my 5k last Saturday, we visited with two of Tanya’s cousin who happen to live on the Northside of Indianapolis. The kids played and we had a great time making new friends! Too bad they don’t like closer. It was awesome having Tanya here visiting. She doted on my kids and brought them new clothes (which Lisa, my girly girl, definitely loved).
3. On Monday, Memorial Day, we had a very awesomely lazy morning (aka family day-in), and then in the evening went over to a friend’s house for a cook-out. Unfortunately, my new-mom brain was such that we were an hour late, though we thought we were going to be right on time. I also forgot the memo to bring swim suits for our kids. But, it was fun until we had to leave because Alison had an accident.
4. On Tuesday, I took the girls to playgroup at the park while Josh took Michael to the pediatrician for his 2-month appointment, complete with shots and vaccines. He was weighed and measured, and this little guy is not really so little! He weighed in at 15lbs 1oz and 25 inches long! That means he is the size my girls were at 5 months (see this post), though definitely not able to do the things they were able to do then.
5. On Wednesday morning I had a dentist appointment. And half of my face was numb for most of the day. Not so fun for eating things, but at least all of my dental work is done for the time being.
6. Thursday night I went to a little jewelry party at a friend’s house. I bought two different necklace/earring sets, because they were cute, but also because they were only $6 each! I don’t usually buy things for myself, so I went ahead and treated myself.
7. Today we picked up Josh’s bike from the bike shop, all tuned up and ready for him to ride it! Of course, it’s rainy today so he won’t be heading off on it quite yet. But, it’s the girls (early) birthday present for Josh, although Josh really wants to get a bike trailer and helmets for the girls too, so he can pull them around. Hopefully, we can make that happen as well. Josh has been itching to get out on his bike again and use it as his means of exercise to aid in his weight loss endeavors. Plus, he just enjoys biking tremendously (as do I).
8. I finished reading another book and started another this week. I think Josh did the same. Summer reading!
9. Our girls have taken nice long naps just about every day, and so has Michael, which has allowed me and Josh to also take naps most days. It has been splendid. Oh, and Michael has for about three or four nights in a row now slept until morning, anywhere between 6:30am and 7:30am, going to bed around the girls bedtime (sometime after 8pm). He’s so good to me!
10. I went for a run/jog yesterday after a few days off. I need to find more motivation, but sleep is often more enticing, or just being lazy. But, it felt good to run again, but man was it hot and humid. That’s what happens when I run during the lunch-time hours in the summer.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.