1. I absolutely love my family. I have had so many moments this week of just feeling so truly blessed to have them all. My girls are good girls and I love spending time with them. This week we had dance parties, played hide n’ go seek, chased each other, read books, and spent some fun quality time together. They are so fun! I am really liking this age. Josh has been super sweet and our baby is a great baby. He sleeps for at least one 4-7 hour stretch every night. And he’s generally just a happy baby.
2. We went to two different parks this week. I was supposed to walk to the one, but because it’s ridiculously hard to get everyone out of the house on time with a newborn and a sleepy mom, we ended up driving there. Hopefully that won’t happen again, and I’ll start walking and getting that exercise in again. Tuesday was playgroup at a different park. Beautiful weather and a lot of fun there too.
3. I made some yummy banana bread this week. And I made an extra loaf that I stuck in my freezer.
4. I am back to teaching the CTR 6 class at church on Sundays after my “maternity leave.” They were relatively good this week, which was nice since I didn’t have any parents sitting in helping this week. Hopefully I can start being better about preparing to teach before Saturday night.
5. I had book club last night. While there were only three of us there (come on ladies!), we had a good time. We discussed the book “Life of Pi.” Josh owned that book, and brought it into our marriage, so I had read it over a year and a half ago, when I needed something to read. I didn’t have the chance to reread it before this book club as I’m a tad busy and in the middle of reading two other books right now. But, Josh and I did rent the movie from redbox a week ago. It was pretty good, but the book of course adds a lot more detail and color to the story, and the ending is much more surprising in the book version.
6. Josh and I went out and did some shopping yesterday. We got the girls a bunch of summer clothes, all in size 4T (they are so big!) from Old Navy. And fortunately it’s Stuff & Save at ON right now, so we ended up scoring 22 pieces of clothing at less than $5 an item! They now have lots of new summer bottoms, swimsuits, new jammies, and shirts. Hopefully we won’t have to get them more clothing until the fall.
7. While we were shopping, we went to BuyBuyBaby. We spent a lot of time trying on some baby carriers, something I have been researching and reading a lot about (and entering numerous giveaways trying to win one). And fortunately, they had their Ergobaby carriers on sale! I ended up scoring the (retail) $145 Ergobaby Designer Series Petunia Pickle Bottom Carrier, Evening in Innsbruck for only $63.99 with a 20% off coupon! I haven’t worn it yet, but when I do, I will hopefully do a good review for you. I plan on wearing it when we walk to the park, or go to the childrens museum, or go on family walks. With three kids, I really wanted a good carrier, so I hope this one works well for us!
8. Tuesday morning Josh woke up, took the girls to Kroger, and brought home doughnuts and flowers for me, allowing me to sleep in. Best hubby award there. He’s great.
9. I tend to laugh whenever my kids mess their beds… It’s like they are just telling me, “Mom, it’s been a long time since you washed these sheets, so I’m just making sure you do it now.” Mike had an explosion on our sheets, but they definitely needed washing, so it’s all good little boy.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.