1. We went to the temple today, and that is why this is going out late. But, it was another great trip to the temple. The kids do remarkably well on the long two hour car trip down, even if Lisa said, “It’s too far” on the way down. I did an initiatory session and Josh did an endowment session.
2. Last Friday we went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert. It was so much fun! I loved being able to go on a real date with my husband. Seriously, great! Josh’s parents wonderfully came up and watched our kids so we could go. I even recognized one of the members from the Orchestra at Temple Square, a horn player I played with one year in the BYU marching band.
3. I read the book “A Different Kind of Teacher” by John Taylor Gatto this week. It was very interesting! And it’s making me think more seriously about looking into homeschooling for my kids. I have two years until I even have to make that decision, but will try to do my research over the coming months and years to decide how I would approach it, if I do decide to homeschool.
4. We went to see a movie in the theater on Saturday – We went and saw Epic, which is a stupid name by the way, and it wasn’t really that “epic.” It was alright though, and much better than “The Great and Powerful Oz” which we rented tonight from redbox.
5. We all went and helped a new family move into the ward. They have four kids and one of them is only three days younger than our girls. Yeah for a new playmate! And yeah for continuing to teach our girls about service. They helped carry things into the house, while I chatted to the new mom, with Michael strapped onto my chest.
6. We had the missionaries over for dinner one day this week, and also had them teach us a lesson, as their appointment fell through that Josh was going to go with them to.
7. Josh finished teaching his class on Wednesday. He’s actually greatly enjoyed teaching this class but is looking forward to starting taking classes starting on Monday.
8. Josh has been biking a lot in the last few weeks and this week he biked for three consecutive days in a row, the third day biking over 20 miles. He’s a stud. And as the girls said this week, “Daddy’s going biking so he can lose his tummy forever.” Yes, girls, he is. He’s still rocking a pretty good diet too. I’m very proud of his hard work and dedication.
9. After a visiting teaching hiatus, I actually went to visit one of my sister’s this week. Now, let’s hope I keep it up.
10. Michael will be three months old tomorrow, and he already thinks he should roll over, and can completely roll his hips over, from his back. He just needs to get the shoulders flipped, and he can do it. Crazy. And he can hold up his head so well already. He’s such a big boy! And, man, do we love him.
11. Josh fixed my (new-to-us) Kirby vacuum that I screwed up. It works great and I even used the shampoo attachment and have much cleaner, brighter, less crusty carpets. I am so grateful to have a working vacuum again. Our floors were nasty! Love having clean floors and love my husband for being handy and wanting to order the parts and fix it himself, saving us about $50!
12. I went to book club on Thursday night and we had a fun time discussing some of our favorite books! There were several ladies there and we all just shared some books and had a great time! I’ve read 22 books so far this year! I upped my goal to 40 from the previous 30. Working on two books right now and have three on hold at the library.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.