1. Last Saturday we had the girls’ third Birthday party! It was great. We blogged about it, in case you missed that…
2. We made it to church on Sunday and again took a Sunday evening walk at the park. Blogged about that too.
3. Michael is starting to smile more. Love that! And he still sleeping well. Sometimes he gets a little fussy, but I think it’s usually gas-related. Still a great baby and getting so big! Love our new babe!
4. Had my postpartum visit this week. Everything is going well for me. I really feel great. Tired for sure some times, but, healthy.
5. The girls had their 3-year WCC – tall and skinny and healthy as usual. Stats can be seen HERE.
6. Thunderstorms! I know some people hate them, but I love them! At least when it’s still warm otherwise. We’ve had some serious rain and thunder this week. It’s been fun, even if it’s mean we haven’t gotten out as much this week. It’s been okay since our girls have a cold anyways. But, April Showers bring May Flowers. And you know what Mayflowers bring, right? Me!! ….I mean, Pilgrims! Though, both are true: I’m descended from a passenger of the Mayflower.
7. Took all the kids for a walk to the park on Monday morning. We met up with a friend and her three kids as well. Unfortunately, Mike was fussy like the whole time we were there. I felt bad since my friend was pushing my kids on the swings and looking after them much of the time as I was feeding Michael/calming him down. Thanks Diane, and I’m sorry all at the same time.
8. Went to book club this week. We discussed the book “Heaven is Here,” the memoir of Stephanie Nielson of NieNieDialogues.com. Such a remarkable story.
9. Josh stayed home from classes on Wednesday night. Which made me happy since I love having him home. He was very tired and the girls were sick. His teachers and classmates are all aware of his situation, so one of his classmates took notes for him. Josh does have a newborn baby after all and hasn’t had any official time off. He’s pretty awesome. The semester is almost over! He’s been spending a lot of time trying to finalize the rest of his degree, and stressing about it all too.
10. We rearranged the girls bedroom yesterday. I don’t know if it will actually help with the destroying and pulling of curtains/blinds, but a change can be fun anyways, right? I wish there was a better place to put things in their room. It’s just so small. The bunk bed is now on the inside wall, right by the door, which makes going into their room feel claustrophobic, but now all their toys and things are all on one wall. We also put their table and chairs in their bedroom and have stopped sitting in their room at nap and bedtime, which is a HUGE deal. We’ve sat in their room with them for months and months and months. But, with a newborn it’s not always feasible to do that, nor do we want to have to do it anymore! And to be honest, it’s been going okay! While nap time is sometimes a little challenging, Alison at least usually falls asleep. And bedtime has been pretty good.
11. Speaking of bedtime, our girls decided the last two nights that they want to sleep together on the top bunk, and they actually have! It’s cute. It’s like a mini-sleep over for them. I don’t know if this trend will continue or not, but for the last two nights it has.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.