Since I didn’t post these last week, this will be a combo post for the last two weeks. I’ve been super busy so these just don’t seem to happen sometimes. And that’s okay. These are mostly to help me look back and remember what we did, which is super hard sometimes with Mommy brain in full gear. Anyways, my favorite thing from the last two weeks are:
1. Beautiful weather. Sunny, thunderstorms, hot, warm. Love.
2. Last week Josh had Monday and Tuesday off! He started teaching again on Wednesday, a different class than he’s been teaching the last two semesters, a more remedial math course. And his students said they like him. Always makes you feel good as a teacher. He’s going to blazing through the materials in that class super quick as it’s a 6 week class.
3. And Josh did it again – He officially earned a 4.0 again! That’s three terms straight in his Masters with straight A’s. I am so very proud of my smart, hard-working husband. He should, hopefully, be done with his Masters in December of this year, as he’s decided how he wants to finish out his degree.
4. I finished reading Marley & Me, and started a finished Iron Duke, The (Stories from the Golden Age) (review coming soon for that one), as well as Reality Check. Josh also read like three or more books in the last two weeks. We’ve turned unto a bunch of book worms in this house! Went to book club for Reality Check and I was the only one who didn’t like it. Oh, and Josh got me a Kindle Paperwhite for Mother’s day. It is pretty awesome.
6. Went to playgroup on both Tuesdays. Lovely morning/afternoon and wonderful friends like always. And Mike just slept in his car seat the whole time last week. This week I got my first (mild) sun burn too. Summer is coming fast!
7. The girls love helping me take care of Mike. Lisa even took a wipe and wiped up a poopy bottom of her own will! I thought she was just going to hand it to me, but no! She wanted to get in on the poopy diaper action. Then one night when I was bathing him, the girls decided they wanted to help and each took a washcloth and started scrubbing him too. This poor guy has three Moms.
9. I ran/jogged for the first time in months, and outdoors. I probably jogged for almost a solid mile. I’m totally impressed by myself, although I am severely lacking in my preparations for my Color in Motion 5k which is a week from today!! I was also super sore from running, but it’s felt good to get back in the game. I’ve also done workout videos, one using weights that was very killer.
10. We went up to the 100 acres and walked around, plus to some parks, as well as did the preschool story time at the library for the first time. Unfortunately, they aren’t doing it over the summer. But, the summer reading program will begin soon. Here’s the girls racing in their racecars outside of the library at story time with their friends:
11. We went to the Louisville, KY temple yesterday. It was the first time we’ve taken the girls there. Josh and I took turns doing initatories, which was fine since we each had eight family names to do. Whoever wasn’t inside was at the church building next door playing with the kiddos. This is our first trip to the temple this year. It’s been a long time since we’ve been last, probably almost a year. And it was the first time we took the kids with us. It’s a two hour drive to get there.
12. We went to the Childrens museum this morning and met up with one Josh’s classmates and his pregnant wife and three year old daughter. It was nice to meet them. And for a rainy Saturday, it was definitely not very crowded! It was great. Too bad it’s loud and hard to talk to people there, especially while simultaneously chasing after your kids. We’ll just have to have them over sometime I guess!
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.