1. This has been a great week. I pretty much am spoiled right now with my husband home by 11am most days, and no work on Fridays. We are definitely taking advantage of that and trying to get out and enjoy our summer! This schedule won’t last for too much longer, so we’re soaking it up now. Love it.
2. Last Saturday, Josh woke up early and went and played basketball at the church with two other guys. He even won two of the five games they played. Go Josh (who is not a bballer)! We then spent some time hanging out with one of our friends later that night. We played some board games – Scattergories – while the kids played/watched Ice Age. Always a good time. And Josh won at Scattergories. Next time we’ll have to play Boggle so I can win.
3. Monday we went and picked up a used Kirby Vacuum, complete with carpet shampoo system for $100. There was a clog in the Kirby, so I cleared it out, but as I did so, took out a screw because I am stupid, so we had to take it in to get the screw put back in (it’s a compressed screw or something). But, I am very excited to have this vacuum, assuming it actually works like it should. I once sold Kirby vacuums for about a month one summer during college. I sold them to myself in the process. lol. This is my birthday present to myself. Plus, we needed a new vacuum, and it’s a carpet cleaner too, which we also greatly want, so it’s a win-win, that is, assuming it actually works.
4. I love that all of my children nap at the same time during the day. It means I can take a nap, Josh can take a nap, and we all are happy! If my kids slept in past 7:00am, maybe we all wouldn’t need that nap, but 7am, or earlier, is when my girls will get up, no matter what time they go to bed at night. So, thankfully, Mike has been sleeping through the night every night. He even went 10.5 hours straight one night this week. He spoils me so. Though, some days, nap times occur in random places… And Josh has a picture on his phone of Alison passed out in a shopping cart.
5. Mike discovered his fists this week. It is super cute. Staring at his hands and now a few toys too. He’s such a doll and I love him to bits and pieces. He also goes several days between his BMs, which just means less messy diapers, although they are often quite messy when they do happen. Ha.
6. A lady at the grocery store gave us 25 cents, a quarter, to help pay for some produce we were buying. And in return we decided to pay some things forward as well. I went through everyone’s closet and got some things together to give away. We donated some things to Goodwill, mostly Josh’s old clothes. But, we listed a bunch of baby boy clothes for free on craigslist and gave them away to a stranger, and then gave away our old vacuum and the extra bags we had for it too. Feels good to give away things that we got for free in the first place.
7. I organized the closets this week, finally boxing up the girl’s old clothes that were strewn around the shelves in their closet. I even refolded and finished organizing my pre-maternity/non-maternity clothes and whatever else was sitting up on the shelf in our closet. So nice to be organized.
8. Josh got his bike all fixed up and went for a ride! He biked to a park the first day, doing nine miles at an average of 12 miles per hour. Pretty good for his first ride, in what, two years? Way too long to go without biking for him. He loves biking. I met Josh up at the park and we let the kids play for a bit and then headed home.
9. Josh and I then took the girls downtown to the canal and exercised there. We bought a bike trailer and helmets for the kids so they could go biking with daddy! They were very excited. I then pushed the double stroller with Michael in it as I jogged around the path. I didn’t do so fantastic, but I did jog for over a mile straight again, and then walked on and off for the rest of the 2.9 mile trek. It was so hot. We didn’t start until 4 in the afternoon. Not great timing, but we got our exercise in. And it’s starting to pay off. My calves are started to be more defined again! I also worked out with weights one day this week too.
10. Josh has been dieting all week, eating small meals every two hours, high in protein, low in fat, sugar, carbs, etc. And he’s already lost over 15 lbs. I am so proud of him and his renewed dedication to getting healthy again. He’s such a stud.
11. Josh turned 33 on Thursday! I actually surprised him with the gift I got him! Huzzah! I even kept it secret. I bought it almost a month ago from Groupon Goods. Josh has wanted a GPS forever now, and Groupon had a great deal on a refurbished one with the lifetime maps and traffic. However, we haven’t been able to get the traffic to work… Hope we can figure it out so we don’t have to return it. But, we had a nice relaxing day for this birthday, and are going to party at the park with friends tomorrow for his birthday. He went out with the missionaries that day too.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.