1. Lisa has been doing so much better with potty training this week. Though there have been some accidents, she’s had more dry days!
2. The girls and I went to a friend’s house for the first time this week and had a lot of fun and she even had warm, fresh blueberry muffins for us! Yummy!
3. I went to book club on Thursday night which was fun, even if it only ended up being three people there. I actually read the book – Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy. I thought it was okay overall, though we had quite a good discussion about it. We then had quite the fun conversation about lots of other things.
4. I had my very first post syndicated this week, which I posted about, but hey, making money from blogging is pretty sweet and worth mentioning twice.
5. I answered a lady’s prayer by giving her a ride as I was on my way to playgroup, which I also blogged about.
|What the Indianapolis Temple will look like – VIA|
6. Josh had a choir rehearsal Sunday night for the LDS Indianapolis Temple groundbreaking ceremony which will be tomorrow morning! He was one of only 36 people invited to sing for the occasion, twelve people from each of the three surrounding stakes. We don’t really know how they got his name, but Josh feels so honored to be apart of something so important! He gets to share his beautiful talent to praise the Lord and the Lord’s work! Elder Donald L. Hallstrom of the Presidency of the Seventy (who gave THIS talk last conference) will be there as well as Elder Gregory A. Schwitzer of the second quorum of the seventy (who gave THIS talk April 2010 Conference). The girls and I will be watching the ceremony from a local church building as the event is “Invite Only.”
7. I finished reading the Book of Mormon this week (for like the 6th time?)! This read-through took me roughly 7 months to finish and was part of our Stake President’s request at the first stake conference of this year. I am a little late in finishing, but finish it I did.
8. Today we had a doctor’s appointment. We met with the other midwife at the practice for the first time. Tomorrow I will be 17 weeks pregnant, though according to our first ultrasound the baby is measuring 6 days ahead. I’ve been feeling the baby move most days. It makes it much more real and exciting! We also scheduled our gender-finding-out ultrasound appointment for Friday October 26, which seems too far away… Sigh. So you have a month to guess the gender!
9. Thursday night we let the girls play out back and were greeted by like six or seven neighborhood kids who loved playing with our girls and our balls. Some remarked that we had a nice home and that we had a lot of toys (as they peeked in through the sliding patio doors). It made us feel blessed if indeed that were telling the truth. It was funny to see the things these older kids were doing, like one who had a spray bottle and kept spraying water into another girl’s mouth, and then all over her face. It was quite funny.