1. Happy Fourth of July!! We went over to a friend’s house for a party. They had a bounce house set up in their garage, a grill for us to cook meat on, and had fireworks too! I kick myself for not bringing the camera and get a cute picture of our girls holding sparklers or chasing the smoke that came off of the fireworks. They loved it. We had a great time and are thankful someone thought of us to invite us over! Otherwise we probably wouldn’t have done much.
2. Josh did a 30 mile bike ride this week, and in under two hours. He also went riding with the bishop, who’s a big biker, for the first time last Saturday, and was able to keep up. With Josh riding longer and longer distances, he’s gone longer and longer. But, I’m totally okay with it. I’m just so proud of him and what he’s trying to do, how could I not be supportive? He then lets me take my little 30 minute runs and we call it a day.
3. I still absolutely love summer, and love that my husband is around for most of it. We’re having the best time. I love him.
4. I finished three books this week – To Kill a Mockingbird, Instead of Education: Ways to Help People do Things Better, and UNBLOGGER: Discovering the Power of Story in a ‘How-To’ World (affiliate links). But, I have SO many books I want to read right now. It’s crazy. I’ve been trying to read while nursing Michael before bed, after everyone is asleep, or during naptime and while sitting in the girl’s room at naptime. I’m so glad I finally love reading. It is a wonderful thing.
5. Tuesday we had playgroup at the park, during the few hours where it wasn’t raining this week. It was muddy and a little gross, but play my kids did.
6. Lisa has been drawing a lot this week. She drew some flowers – long lines with swirly circles at the top – and also a very cute picture of a bunny! Love that. Course I didn’t love her coloring on the walls with her bath tub crayons…
7. Michael has been getting up in the middle of the night several days this week, usually around 2:30 or 3:00am. Fortunately he let me sleep until 5am this morning, and most days I’ve taken a good long nap in the afternoon (you know, on those days I’m not reading a book or blogging instead).
8. Michael has been rolling over all the time now! He’ll start to get upset, so we’ll put him back on his back, but sometimes he’ll roll back over three seconds later! It’s quite funny and cute, but also slightly frustrating, because he’ll start crying too long after he’s on his belly again! Ah, babies.
9. Gas prices have been low for most of the week! We’re talking as low as $3.09! We filled up while it was still higher, but kept topping off our vehicles to take advantage of the low price, knowing it wouldn’t last forever. But, we’re grateful it came down so much, because a little over a month ago it was $4.25 here in Indianapolis. But, we’re just glad that Kroger has been offering double fuel points if you shop on the weekends. Let me assure you, we’re been only shopping on the weekends.
10. On Sunday I had a virtual book club with two of my old college roommates – Heather and Juli. And it was so much fun to see their faces again! We discussed The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet and just chit-chatted for about an hour. We plan on doing it again this next month. Isn’t technology so cool? We did a google+ hangout, my first time ever doing such a thing.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.