These will hopefully be a regular occurrence again! Sorry for the month long absence of Friday Favorites. It’s been a little crazy lately. I know these posts are really more for me than my readers (help me look back and remember what we did that week and the good things that happened). So, here we go!
1. This past weekend was the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the church we belong to. The prophet and apostles of the Lord speak on all sorts of great subjects. It’s super uplifting and motivating! You can view, listen, or read their talks at https://www.lds.org/general-conference.
2. This past Saturday was also Lisa and Alison’s third birthday! While it was pretty low key as they have a birthday party tomorrow, we still let them at least open a present – a swimsuit and a princess Barbie for each of them. They loved it. I’ll do an awesome post all about their Animal-themed birthday party later. For their birthday they decided it was a good day to pee themselves three times each, and then Lisa one more time in the middle of the night when she was throwing a fit. . . But, the girls got some cards in the mail from my parents and their Great-Grandma Bailey too. Thank you!
3. The weather was so super nice this weekend and much of this week! I have been so looking forward to spring and warm weather so I could take my kids to the park again, let them play out back, and get out! So, that is what we did. We’ve gone to the park multiple times this week, played out back a lot, and tried to go for a walk one day, but I decided I need a better baby carrier.
4. Tuesday I took all the kids to playgroup. It was a lot of fun. Some people think I’m crazy for taking my baby out so young, but I did the same with the twins when they were this young. I just can’t sit at home for weeks on end. I’m just not that way.
5. I’ve been reading a great book all about the atonement of Jesus Christ called Believing Christ the Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News* by Stephen E. Robinson. I read half of the book a few years back, but I’m almost done reading it now. It’s such a great, easy to understand book about how the atonement, grace, mercy, justice, and the love of Christ all work together and how it affects each of us and how we can use them in our lives. After I’m done, I’ll read his other book Following Christ: The Parable of the Divers and More Good News*. I also just started reading a book called The Christian Parenting Handbook: 50 Heart-Based Strategies for All the Stages of Your Child’s Life*. I will review it once I’m done and offer you, my readers, a special deal if you buy it too: just make sure to wait for its “launch week.” So far I am loving its ideas!
6. On Thursday we went to the Children’s Museum and met up with several other ladies and their kids from church. It was a ton of fun, even though Alison peed her pants after all of 5 minutes of being there… And I didn’t have an extra pair of pants with me, just clean panties. So, I ended up stealing the tights and bloomer that Lisa was wearing and putting them on Alison. While not ideal, it was better than having her running around in just panties or having to go home after paying and being there for all of 5 minutes (especially considering we had picked up and taken my friend and her kids with us).
7. Michael is such a great little baby. He’s slept several times this week for a 6-hour block! Unfortunately, they have usually started at about 8pm and I didn’t go to sleep until about 10pm most nights. But, I have gotten more sleep, except for the night Josh and I stayed up watching Life of Pi. The next day I was super exhausted. Lesson learned. But, Michael is starting to smile more. We had our first boy squirt this morning while Josh was changing his diaper. He’s getting so big already! He’s already over 11.5 lbs! He just keeps growing and growing. It’s bittersweet. I want him to be cute and small and cuddly forever! He’s already WAY bigger than the girls were at his age. He’s got some serious baby acne going on now too.
8. My friend of Chelsea June Photography took some newborn pictures of Michael when he was a week old and just got done editing and posting them this week. He’s adorable in them for sure! Here’s some of our favorite ones:
10. Tonight there’s a Ward Chili Cook-Off. Yea for some free food and good times with friends!
11. I forgot to mention this, but I am now a contributing writer for the blog How do you do it? – a blog all about raising twins and other multiples. So far I’ve only written three posts, but will continue to write for them. It’s been fun to connect to other MOMs out there.
*Those are my affiliate links.
Want More Parenting, Penny Pinching, and Simple Living Tips?
Subscribe and get my best advice delivered right to your inbox. As a thank you, you'll receive these three laundry room printables for FREE.