I haven’t attended a baby shower in a while and have never actually hosted one, but I hope I’ll get the chance someday!
But I appreciate all the baby showers people have thrown for me, big and small. I once had a friend invite me and a few other friends to go out to a frozen yogurt shop as a my “baby shower” for my fourth child and people gave me little packages of diapers and such. It was perfect and I appreciated it very much.
Baby showers are so great to honor the mom-to-be and recognize her new bundle of joy, no matter if it is her first baby or her last. I don’t think every subsequent child requires a huge baby shower bash (unless her babies are like 15 years apart!) but some recognition and a gift of diapers or wipes, chocolates, or other gifts for expecting moms are so thoughtful and show what type of friend you are.
If you get the opportunity to throw a baby shower for a friend, I came up with a fun baby shower decoration and/or baby shower party favor, perfect for a diaper-themed baby shower or diaper shower.
DIY Diaper Baby Rattle Decoration & Party Favor
Here’s how to make one yourself. Many of the crafting materials I found at the Dollar Tree. Others will be at a Michaels or other craft store.
Materials Needed to Make Diaper Rattle
- Rubber Bands
- Tissue Paper in either light blue or light pink
- Broad Baby Themed Ribbon in either blue or pink
- Satin light blue or light pink ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Craft sticks/Cake Pop Sticks/Skewer Sticks
Instructions to Make Diaper Baby Rattle
I made a video showing you exactly how I made the rattles that you can watch and learn!
Download 5 FREE Pregnancy Printables!
Receive these 5 Free Pregnancy Printables:
- Essentials-Only Baby Registry Checklist
- Top 5 Baby Registry Comparison
- Where to Get Free Baby Diapers
- Gender Prediction Quiz
- Choosing a Baby Name Guide
When you subscribe! Plus, receive more great tips on managing your pregnancy and preparing for birth.
Below are the step-by-step directions to make them!:
1. Fold a baby diaper in half (if larger than a size N or size 1 diaper or seems too large) and then roll it up, starting with the small end moving toward the open end, using your other fingers to keep it straight and tight as you roll.
2. Before you get to the end, add a small party favor. I went with something brown, a Brach’s individually wrapped fudge. I figured it was a great “diaper surprise.”
3. Wrap a rubberband tightly around the outside of the diaper.
4. Shove a stick into the center of the diaper.
5. Take 1/4 of a large piece of tissues paper. Double over all or part of the tissue paper onto itself.
5. Roll the diaper into the tissue paper. Secure the tissue paper with a line of hot glue.
6. Secure and close the top and bottom of the tissue paper with hot glue.
7. Glue a piece of wide baby-themed ribbon around the outside of the tissue paper.
8. Add a thin satin ribbon to the bottom of the rattle by tying it into a bow around the stick.
You’re now done! You can use a cake pop stand to display them during the baby shower party, or some other way as you wish to use them as decor before handing them out.
You could hide different items in each one, or have some have items and others not! What you do with them is up to you!
May your baby shower go great and your mom-to-be feel honored and blessed.
Need date night inspiration?
Subscribe below and you will receive 150+ date night ideas! Plus, you'll receive a "Year of Dates" planning guide to help you create the ultimate relationship gift for your loved one!