Free {Editable} Chore Chart Printable – Cleaning Schedule Chore List

This post likely contains affiliate links which may earn me commissions should you click through them and take certain actions.

Cleaning can feel overwhelming, but with the right system in place it doesn’t have to! My husband created this great free editable chore chart printable to help you create a household chore list cleaning schedule that works for the entire family.Free Editable Chore Chart Printables - A Great template to use for your household Chore List - Daily, Weekly, and Monthly cleaning and organizing check list. Simple and Easy!

Before the end of 2013, my husband was annoyed that our house wasn’t staying as clean, organized, and decluttered as we like. So, we decided to create a household chore list for ourselves. We kept it simple, easy to follow, and easy to check off. We laminated it with contact paper, and stuck it on our fridge so that we can easily check it off our chores during the day.

Click picture to sign up to receive the .docx file

Each day our goal is to check off all of our daily chores. One of the daily chores is to do a weekly chore. And each Saturday there is a monthly chore. The Saturday chores do not need to be checked off in order, as long as each of them gets done at least once a month.

I think this system is very easy, forgiving, and adjustable, compared to other super long, super specific lists I have seen. The hard part is remembering to clear off the daily chore part each morning (and complete them all of course)! We generally take a break on Sundays from our daily chores.

While some of you may be aghast that we only wash our sheets, towels, and blankets once a month, or mop our floors once a week (we do generally vacuum more than once a week though – our dining room is carpeted so it’s a must) that’s honestly an improvement for us. Also, I realize that every home is not the same (maybe you don’t have stairs), so I have made this FREE printable editable by making the download a .docx file instead of a PDF, which means it is a free editable chore chart printable for your household chore list. You are welcome.

So you can download it (just click any of the links in this post or on the picture above), edit it to fit your family and home, print it off, laminate it, and get checking off those household chores! Or, you can use our household chore system as a template to create your own. Either way, I hope it helps you be more clean and organized!

If you are looking for a very simple kids chore list printable, see this post for a free one you can download as well!

If you want to save money on printing costs on this and any other thing you want to print from home, be sure to read my overview of the HP Instant Ink program!

Comments

1. says

I clicked over thinking this was a kids list, but it’s a list for me. Even better! Been thinking of making my own. Thanks for saving me a step! Tweeting and pinning!

2. says

Great list! We have a similar list. Every family is different in what they need to do daily, weekly, and monthly to keep a home funning smoothly. I’ve also learned that tasks change as seasons change. Right now we clean our bathrooms daily — because I have 3 boys (ages 5, 8, 10) using them all day long (we home school). Those bathrooms are DISGUSTING by the end of each day. Hopefully in about 5 years we can get to the point of only cleaning them weekly. 🙂 Thanks for sharing via Family Fun Friday.

• says

True – Cleaning schedules are so different for each family, that’s why I made sure it was editable. And I am sure needs will as my kids age as well. Thanks for visiting Stephanie!

3. says

Katelyn, way to stay organized. I honestly don’t do things like this because if I don’t get to it, then I don’t want to beat my self up. I would sometimes say when my husband gets home “oh I didn’t get to this or that,” and he would always say “there’s always tomorrow.” And now, I just pace myself. I typically clean one room a day and that works for me. If I don’t get to a room that day then maybe I will tomorrow. I had to lighten up about the cleaning because I have a toddler who wants to get into things so toys and things might need to stay on the floor a while sometimes 🙂 Thanks for sharing your ideas with us at Countdown in Style! I’m sure people will be able to use this. Don’t forget to stop by Friday to see if you are featured 🙂

4. says

Generally chores get done around here, but I have to work more on my son being more consistent with helping. He helps, but only when I remind him and only when I remember! LOL! I have a chore sheet for him, but this one helps for us grown-ups too. Granted as a SAHM, most of it falls on my shoulders, but it’s nice to be able to give hubby something to do too! Thanks for sharing and linking up with Countdown in Style! Don’t forget to come back on Friday to see if you were featured!

~~April~~
    100lbCountdown.com

5. Jen says

I love that this list is so realistic. I struggle with house cleaning and organization, so I tried downloading other chore charts. They were all too complicated and involved for how my brain works! This is not overwhelming! I love it! Thank You!

• says

Perfect! That’s what I was going for because while I like a clean house there is only so much I can realistically do everyday. I have four young kids, homeschool, and work from home. Splitting it up this way works for me. I’m glad you like it!

Trackbacks

1. […] Some chores need to be completed regularly because the longer you let them go, the more work they are.  For example, washing dishes from two meals takes almost twice as long as washing dishes from one meal.  Delaying other tasks, however, may save time.  Changing sheets or towels after two weeks of use doesn’t take any longer than changing them with only one week’s worth of wear.  How long you can go depends on your preferences and your family’s needs (like allergies, sensitive skin, and, um, sweating habits!).  Here’s one mom’s sample list of her family’s chore frequency. […]